BCT-3122-D800-10240

General Route Discussion and History

5 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

Actually I got my answer already:

"From Chinook via Glenmore, Crowchild, 50th ave, Richard Rd., Crowchild, University Dr. to the U of C loop.  It was gone in 1983 when the Circle Route was completed.  It was absorbed into the Circle Route."

From "calgarybus"  -  Thank You!

Oh, I just noticed the map I posted doesn't match the text description. I guess the route must have deviated at some point after 1975 …

1 hour ago, green_line_26 said:

Saw a SB 24 last night reading "Quarry Park", have they renamed the route? 

No, the 24 Quarry Park code exists for the final trips of the night that start at EB Quarry Park BV & 18 ST SE and terminates at Quarry Park Station NB.  24 Ogden and 24 City Centre still exist (as well as the stupid 24E, ROUTE 24) however sometimes drivers manually type in the 24 Quarry Park code instead of the 24 Ogden code.  This occurs with several other routes as well.

For reference: https://transit55.ca/calgary/trip/53034704

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, green_line_26 said:

Saw a SB 24 last night reading "Quarry Park", have they renamed the route? 

The route terminates in quarry park and loops back to city centre via Ogden. I believe that’s been the case since late 2018.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, yvarushin said:

The route terminates in quarry park and loops back to city centre via Ogden. I believe that’s been the case since late 2018.

4 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

No, the 24 Quarry Park code exists for the final trips of the night that start at EB Quarry Park BV & 18 ST SE and terminates at Quarry Park Station NB.  24 Ogden and 24 City Centre still exist (as well as the stupid 24E, ROUTE 24) however sometimes drivers manually type in the 24 Quarry Park code instead of the 24 Ogden code.  This occurs with several other routes as well.

For reference: https://transit55.ca/calgary/trip/53034704

thanks guys!

• Like 2

This is to be taken with the usual grain(s) of salt … but something interesting from Calgary Transit's Twitter account today. 

"Come September service may not look the same as it did before and will depend on demand and ridership."

43 minutes ago, downbeat said:

This is to be taken with the usual grain(s) of salt … but something interesting from Calgary Transit's Twitter account today. 

"Come September service may not look the same as it did before and will depend on demand and ridership."

Things change so fast these days that anything can happen by then. AB just announced schools are most likely going back to normal (official announcement on Aug 1), so all the school routes will most likely be back by then.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if there is a possibility Transit will take this opportunity to permanently shelve more downtown express routes. They've been slowly disappearing for the last couple of years …

11 minutes ago, downbeat said:

I'm wondering if there is a possibility Transit will take this opportunity to permanently shelve more downtown express routes. They've been slowly disappearing for the last couple of years …

Yeah.. with the exception of route 70(?), all the express routes will be eventually replaced by the Green Line. 

20 minutes ago, yvarushin said:

Yeah.. with the exception of route 70(?), all the express routes will be eventually replaced by the Green Line. 

Route 69 too shhh

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Gsgeek540 said:

Route 69 too shhh

As much as I know how resources get eaten up quickly on the express runs, I feel the route 69 could benefit from running along Aero Drive like the 32

Routes 5 and 32 got an extra PM tripper bus as of yesterday, and the 43 got some AM extras as well. 

• Like 1

Transit website says these changes aren't visible in the apps or in the online schedule tool until September, so they've posted these schedule PDFs in the meantime:

Route 5: http://www.calgarytransit.com/sites/default/files/content/PDF/route-5-20200727.pdf

Route 32: http://www.calgarytransit.com/sites/default/files/content/PDF/route-32-eb-20200727.pdf

Route 43: http://www.calgarytransit.com/sites/default/files/content/PDF/route_43_timetable-20200727.pdf

A brand new stop #3367 has just been installed at NB 85 Street and Bow Trail SW.  2020 dated sign.  However, I dont see any sign and pole for the SB stop that is supposedly going to be added as well.  Perhaps that is next.

20200913_095838.jpg