Smart Bus Initiative

Infact, most of them do have a 6 speed. There is a few that do not, 4803 is one of them and I find a 5 speed is faster.

Cool. At least I know you have some experience to back this up with ;)

I assume the six speeds can also be run in five speed mode by selecting it with the transmission controller?

Bus 4773 doesn't have the SmartBus Equipment. Just a regular 2009 NFi D40LF-R.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Do they now? Source and confirm your finding please. I know some do on account of being highway buses...

most of the 2009 D40LF-Rs have a Six Speed Trans. On the Allison Controler it displays 6 on the left and on the right it shows the current gear that the bus is driving in.

It's a nice system.

Bus 4773 doesn't have the SmartBus Equipment. Just a regular 2009 NFi D40LF-R.

...most of the 2009 D40LF-Rs have a Six Speed Trans. On the Allison Controler it displays 6 on the left and on the right it shows the current gear that the bus is driving in.

See the wiki for a complete listing of which units are SmartBus equipped. 45 / 121 units, horse has been pretty well beat to death at this point.

Next time specify the difference between all and some so we're not left in doubt.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I could see where CT mounted them to be easier if they didn't have the existing next stop signs and they had to route wires through the roof of the bus, however, presumably it isn't too hard to route wires through to where the next stop sign is.

I'm not too sure how far back our buses go that came pre-wired. I do want to say it goes back before the LFR's, but I might be wrong. Interestingly, I'm guessing that the CNG's might not have came pre-wired. Those buses certainly aren't full ETS spec which could be why.

So far our 2012's aren't set up with Smart Bus. I need to track one down and get an interior pic before they do.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...