Smart Bus Initiative

As many are aware, ETS is starting SmartBus Technology. Approximately 40 buses are being equipped with Trapeze Smart Bus systems to be tested on routes 111 and 128.

So far I have seen 4754, 4755, 4756, 4804 and 4806 equipped.

Can you get some photos please ?!?!?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Board Admin

Of course they will discipline drivers if they are abusing equipment or doing something wrong. I'm not sure what he is getting at though. There are many transit systems where every single bus is tracked by GPS and have video recording.

ETS has been in the dark ages for so long, this is like a culture shock for them. However, the solution is simple. Don't do anything that you shouldn't be doing. We are on camera everywhere all day long - cams at stores, gas stations, street corners, cell phones pointing everywhere. Good things can come from having a multitude of cameras everywhere.

It's when they come after you when you are not on the clock that they are overstepping their boundaries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ETS has been in the dark ages for so long, this is like a culture shock for them. However, the solution is simple. Don't do anything that you shouldn't be doing. We are on camera everywhere all day long - cams at stores, gas stations, street corners, cell phones pointing everywhere. Good things can come from having a multitude of cameras everywhere.

Yeah, like they can also be used to protect operators from bogus complaints. I could give a few examples from Ottawa that it would have benefitted here.

• 1 month later...

And has anyone noticed whenever you open the doors the eletronic female voice makes a grunting sound?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Rode 4761 yesterday on the 111 and I gotta say I'm impressed with the system!! Very classy as if the 2009 D40LFR's weren't nice enough!
Yeah, I really like those 2009 D40LFRs. They have a six speed transmission.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk