MAX BRT

ABQ RIDE turned up this about the city of Tempe testing a MiDi starting July 22.

http://www.tempe.gov/index.aspx?page=2863

They will be looking for public comments.

"If the testing program is successful and the bus type is accepted by the Tempe community and City Council, the City would consider purchasing this type of vehicle beginning in 2017."

Interesting that it doesn't support bike racks.

I wonder if they mean that the particular test/prototype/demo bus that they will be getting won't have a rack. The new Enviro 500s with similar headlights and bumpers are available with mounts for bike racks.

I wonder if they mean that the particular test/prototype/demo bus that they will be getting won't have a rack. The new Enviro 500s with similar headlights and bumpers are available with mounts for bike racks.

I wonder too. An image search of Enviro200 on the web doesn't seem to turn up any photos of this bus with a bike rack on front. :(

I wonder too. An image search of Enviro200 on the web doesn't seem to turn up any photos of this bus with a bike rack on front. :(

I am unaware of any buses in England that have front mounted bike racks - I think they are a fairly North American thing. Even if the manufacturer doesn't include provisions for a rack (which I doubt, because Ottawa's Enviro 500s came with quick mounts factory installed) I don't know of any reason Sportworks couldn't make up a kit to install the racks after delivery.

I am unaware of any buses in England that have front mounted bike racks - I think they are a fairly North American thing. Even if the manufacturer doesn't include provisions for a rack (which I doubt, because Ottawa's Enviro 500s came with quick mounts factory installed) I don't know of any reason Sportworks couldn't make up a kit to install the racks after delivery.

Thanks for the perspective, that makes sense. Hopefully its just a matter of NFI or Sportworks coming up with the kit and the mounts now that the bus is to be sold in North America.

I'm thinking that is just some vague wording regarding the bike racks. If something like a Ford E-450 cutaway can have a bike rack mounted on it, I'm sure one of these will also be able to have that feature. If it's not workable on the current design due to frame layout, I'm thinking NFI can make a design change or two to accommodate such an important feature. Also the Opus model can be found with racks, and we know it is similar in many respects.

7152968749_8f526dd502_t.jpg

They need to go to the chassis underpinnings if they insist on not using a standard North American bumper.

I thought marketing this thing was the whole point?!

They should've had this figured out with the pilot demo.

They need to go to the chassis underpinnings if they insist on not using a standard North American bumper.

I thought marketing this thing was the whole point?!

They should've had this figured out with the pilot demo.

But, I should say that I'm a little biased. I've worked on the SLF 200 and 235, and I've seen what disappointments they are.

The only good points about them were the drivetrain, something they had nothing to do in engineering.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Winnipeg Free Press article on NFI highlights the MiDi:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/business/midi-bus-could-be-big-boost-218798161.html

"CEO Paul Soubry told industry analysts Wednesday it's close to securing its first Canadian sale of the North American version of its so-called midi-bus.

Although the initial order is expected to be a modest one -- five buses -- Soubry said New Flyer officials still believe the partners can sell between 100 and 120 of the vehicles in North America in their first year of production."

Right. I don't understand why a transit agency would buy gasoline powered given what I understand to be diesel's superiority in a bus application.

Altoonabustest.com has no results for a diesel Arboc. :ph34r:

The gasoline versions had lower NOx and virtually no particulate emissions -- especially back in the mid 2000s when Santa Clara ordered theirs.

With particulate filters and SCR, the gap has narrowed. [ sorry, I just read this thread ]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to stm_5307N for the following:

OMIT Sainte-Julie provides transportation service in the town of Saint-Julie. They have ordered 8 Vicinity buses. These buses along with 10 Prevost coaches and 3 Novabus LFS buses will make up the new fleet for OMIT Saint-Julie with a total of 21 buses. There is a photo at the link below:

http://www.ville.sai...13102115658.pdf

Thanks to stm_5307N for the following:

OMIT Sainte-Julie provides transportation service in the town of Saint-Julie. They have ordered 8 Vicinity buses. These buses along with 10 Prevost coaches and 3 Novabus LFS buses will make up the new fleet for OMIT Saint-Julie with a total of 21 buses. There is a photo at the link below:

http://www.ville.sai...13102115658.pdf

Wonder if its the town buying the buses or the contractor Veolia Transdev buying them?