Aeromexico pulled out of YYC on April 9th. Though they have flown to YYC before, however, this time they were doomed from the start. With Arrival times at YYC at 2200 and departure times at 2355, the route was not popular from Mexico city. They only lasted 10 months (June 2017-April 2018). WestJet took over operations of the route with better arrival times and a codeshare agreement with Aeromexico. I only caught Aeromexico a couple times. Here is their inaugural flight back on June 1st, 2017. It was so unpopular I heard that often times, the planes were only a 1/4 full to YYC. 

AirCanada455-C-GIUF.jpg

Plane makes an emergency landing on 36 Street NE in Calgary! No injuries or serious damage to the LRT and the aircraft! Quite the airmanship! For once a roadway was shared by cars, trains, and planes! 

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/plane-travelling-from-medicine-hat-to-calgary-makes-emergency-landing-on-36-street-ne-1.3901130

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Greatcoinz said:

Plane makes an emergency landing on 36 Street NE in Calgary! No injuries or serious damage to the LRT and the aircraft! Quite the airmanship! For once a roadway was shared by cars, trains, and planes! 

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/plane-travelling-from-medicine-hat-to-calgary-makes-emergency-landing-on-36-street-ne-1.3901130

Thats just a few blocks over from where I'm staying :P

Truly a remarkable landing. A similar incident happened in Winnipeg years ago (in fact, with the same type of aircraft) during which there was one fatality and the aircraft written off.

Here's a photo I took from the accident scene earlier this afternoon, with an AC 787 on Final and a passing CTrain. It truly is a remarkable scene!!! Note the black truck infront of the plane, they pulled the plane aside and shortly after reopened 36 Street Northbound. 

SuperTManagement-C-FCWW.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Greatcoinz said:

Here's a photo I took from the accident scene earlier this afternoon, with an AC 787 on Final and a passing CTrain. It truly is a remarkable scene!!! Note the black truck infront of the plane, they pulled the plane aside and shortly after reopened 36 Street Northbound. 

That is a remarkable photo, a plane on the ground, a plane in the air and the C-Train !!!  Gotta hang onto that shot..

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Greatcoinz said:

SuperTManagement-C-FCWW.jpg

And a B787 too :D

Two extremely rare planes showed up to YYC on the 20th and won't be leaving till later this week! Corsair - Boeing 747-400 and Air X Charter - Airbus A340-300! 

AirXCharter-9H-BIG.jpg

Corsair-F-HSUN (3).jpg

• Like 2

Frontier has started up operations again at YYC. They'll be servicing YYC 3x a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays with the A320 which started on May 31st. I didn't catch their inaugural flight due to evening classes but I was able to catch there second flight which brought the A320 Neo. This is the second A320 NEO to visit YYC. 

Frontier-N310FR.jpg