YYC Spottings

BCT-3122-D800-10240

"United Airlines 6269Bird Strike YYC March 24 2013"

Earlier this evening while plane spotting at YYC, I had noticed that there were quite a few geese flying across the airport property and sure enough after a couple of hours of watching. I saw a West Jet plane nearly hit one flock of geese while the others promptly changed direction and at least one of them crapped on the roof of my vehicle. Not long after United Airlines Flight 6269 to San Francisco taking off southbound on (Not sure of runway number) had a bird strike in the right engine. Moments after, the plane began to bank eastwards and came back in from the north end of the airport and did an emergency landing with fire trucks waiting nearby to respond. I managed to catch these two very crappy images of the engine shooting out flames. Due to the lighting, my camara was not ready to take the photos that I needed as I had no plans to take photos due to the lighting conditions.

240313-3859united-birdstrike.jpg

240313-3861united-birdstrike.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Your plane photography skills are getting quite good! Nice shots!

Thanks Kevin! I appreciate the compliments. Now I need a large pickup truck with a platform and a ladder to stand up above them damn fences like many other aviation enthusiasts do at the Airport.

Earlier today while riding the route 57, I got a photo of the construction plans. See attached image:

110513-4970yyc-construction.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Use Photoshop to rotate the image. Using a grid as guide.

Yes I have in some cases... But so far, I have just cropped them and focused on the aircraft. In a few of my photos, I have been at a location that is actually down a slope from where the aircraft are lifting up so it looks like the ground is not horizontal. I will look for some examples. But I do see what you are referring to..

• 2 weeks later...