ETS CNG Demos

dre

They were both at Ferrier on Wednesday evening. Spotted in service the week prior.

Frankly, given what appears to be a bus shortage they probably needed those 2 regardless of the future of CNG until the signup this week with reduced post secondary demand.

Reports to City Council indicated no reliability issues. More often than not, when I went looking for a CNG in it's usual haunts, I'd find them.

I'm not disputing they were pulled from service, just largely the assertion that they were unreliable. Calgary has stated too that the CNG's have been reliable. The delicious irony is that the CNG test was initiated by council (as was the hybrids for that matter), while the BYD's came from within Transit. Administration has been negative towards the CNG's and certainly stopped promoting hybrids once the trolleys were dead... yet, they're recommending the electric buses.

Are you on during the midday? I frequent that route to patronize a hobby shop. Ernie still on the 80?

• 1 month later...

The CNG buses have NOT been sold to Medicine Hat.

Not until June 30 anyways. A recommendation is coming to the Executive Committee on June 30th for the sale of the 2 buses to Medicine Hat for about $305000 each. Apparently New Flyer brokered a deal to a California property, however, it wasn't feasible with the exchange rate and shipping.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...