Disney Transport general discussion

Andru

I am however getting word the RTS buses will be gone by this year. What buses will be replacing them is unknown at this time. I saw this Novabus yesterday with the new paint scheme. I didn't take a picture of it, cause soon it will be all over the place, so I decided not too.

I am however getting word the RTS buses will be gone by this year. What buses will be replacing them is unknown at this time. I saw this Novabus yesterday with the new paint scheme. I didn't take a picture of it, cause soon it will be all over the place, so I decided not too.

Probably more Gilligs, or perhaps another Nova LFS order. I would prefer for them to go with some New Flyer Xcelsiors though.

I wonder though, are the 2000-2002 Nova LFS buses still leased, or are they now owned? The forum thread referenced on the Wiki page is more than 10 years old, and I would think they would have been purchased outright if Disney intended on operating them for this long.

Probably more Gilligs, or perhaps another Nova LFS order. I would prefer for them to go with some New Flyer Xcelsiors though.

I wonder though, are the 2000-2002 Nova LFS buses still leased, or are they now owned? The forum thread referenced on the Wiki page is more than 10 years old, and I would think they would have been purchased outright if Disney intended on operating them for this long.

Gilligs most likely will be ordered as for Nova maybe the artics and possibly 40 footers. Most TAs around here do not like to go for different bus manufactures unless it's for articulated buses. As for New Flyer well it's not out of the question. Disney tested an Orion VII Demo as well as a bus from Designline. The Novas they bought in 2000-2002 have to be owned by now, cause leased buses don't last this long. They are way too old to be considered leased. I also have a lot of other information regarding other TAs in the state of Florida.

• 2 months later...

Reminds me of Calgary Transit's livery. I don't like how reflective the red is on this livery though, it makes the bus a bit unsightly at night.

All of the red is scotchlite. Disney is going nova artic based on my last conversation with them.

This years' batch of 40-foot Gilligs are being delivered with the new livery. I also read elsewhere about an order for 12 artics, but split between 2 builders (likely New Flyer and Nova). A sort of test before ordering more. Nothing official though.

This years' batch of 40-foot Gilligs are been delivered with the new livery. I also read elsewhere about an order for 12 artics, but split between 2 builders (likely New Flyer and Nova). A sort of test before ordering more. Nothing official though.

What exactly makes you assume that New Flyer and Nova are the most likely? Nova I can see why, however, considering that Disney Transport doesn't currently operate any New Flyer buses, the other manufacturer may very well be NABI, or even Van Hool (since Disney Transport is not a public agency, they are free from Buy America restrictions).

What exactly makes you assume that New Flyer and Nova are the most likely? Nova I can see why, however, considering that Disney Transport doesn't currently operate any New Flyer buses, the other manufacturer may very well be NABI, or even Van Hool (since Disney Transport is not a public agency, they are free from Buy America restrictions).

I'm just reporting a discussion from www.fortfiends.net. Their forum server appears to be down right now so I can't link you to the specific thread. But to me it sounded like New Flyer was one of the selected builders.

• 2 weeks later...

According to WDWmagic.com, Disney Transport will test an electric bus (from a yet unidentified manufacturer) over the summer.

Walt Disney World is set to begin testing an all electric bus during the summer months. The initial route is expected to be on the Fort Wilderness Resort internal loop for guests, and backstage at Epcot for cast members.

Disney are currently in the process of updating the bus fleet with new higher capacity articulated buses, new buses replacing the oldest in the fleet, a new drop-off loop at the Magic Kingdom, and an all new paint scheme.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...