Strange object on Man Lions City Bus

TRANSIT_FREAK

The MAN Lion's City buses are my favorite. But as I was looking at pictures I noticed every bus has a flat cylindrical object sitting on top of the bus at the rear.

I noticed that on the 12m buses there are only 2 but the 18m buses have 4, 2 on each section.

I recently found a picture of a 12m CNG bus that has 3 of these objects on the roof

In this picture you can see the objects on the roof over the rear sign

man-lions-city-cng-bogg-55604.jpg

and you can see it again in this picture, the 2 objects are next to the last rooftop emergency hatch

man-lions-city-bus-verlaesst-60109.jpg

You can also see it on all of the buses in this picture as well

DSC05503.jpg

I know the MAN Lion'S City buses are most common in Europe and Spain.

Does anyone what what these objects or devices are? I'm trying to shine some light on this since I have no clue what these objects are. I hoping anyone would know more about these buses than me.

Hello,

I Have mor MAN Lion's City Photos from Germany and Austria

--photos removed--

MAN Wien; This is a Hybrid Bus

Very nice photos! Thanks for sharing. I really like the styling on that last one, the hybrid. The MAN Lion's City model is one of my favorite models as well. I would sure like to see some brought to North America.

How long do they usually keep those buses in service? To me the second and third ones don't look as new as the others.

The MAN Lion's City buses are my favorite. But as I was looking at pictures I noticed every bus has a flat cylindrical object sitting on top of the bus at the rear.

I noticed that on the 12m buses there are only 2 but the 18m buses have 4, 2 on each section.

I recently found a picture of a 12m CNG bus that has 3 of these objects on the roof

I know the MAN Lion'S City buses are most common in Europe and Spain.

Does anyone what what these objects or devices are? I'm trying to shine some light on this since I have no clue what these objects are. I hoping anyone would know more about these buses than me.

North American buses have them too. I think they are air intakes or something.

Those are ventilating vents, usually for letting fresh air in to cool the AC system down, I think.

After some researches, I found some examples of these vents mounted on bus roofs with their descriptions, so I think this is the best response I can give to you guys. :)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...