dre

New Edmonton buses for 2013

For 2013? Hm, there's definitely the C40LFRs. As for other ones, they're retiring the 200s, so I imagine that they must be making new orders eventually.

Does anyone know how many new buses were ordered from new flyer for edmonton and what length ?

If there are, and I find out, I will post anything I know. The 2 C40LFR are in service. I don't think the new Passports are yet, HOWEVER, ALL CSO's were trained on airbrakes as the 2012 Passports with International chassis are fully air brake equipped.

If there are, and I find out, I will post anything I know. The 2 C40LFR are in service. I don't think the new Passports are yet, HOWEVER, ALL CSO's were trained on airbrakes as the 2012 Passports with International chassis are fully air brake equipped.

on the new flyer website it states that edmonton place a order but there is no details

You found something? Please tell us...

I look through City Clerk (CKLDMIS) systems, and council agendas/minutes, for information that i could use on CPTDB or other forums I'm on. However when I made that post, I just came home on the first bus running from staying up nearly 24 hours, so instead of researching, I went straight to bed! I'll attempt looking up these NFI/ETS orders right now, and if I find anything, I'll re-edit my post with the new information!

I look through City Clerk (CKLDMIS) systems, and council agendas/minutes, for information that i could use on CPTDB or other forums I'm on. However when I made that post, I just came home on the first bus running from staying up nearly 24 hours, so instead of researching, I went straight to bed! I'll attempt looking up these NFI/ETS orders right now, and if I find anything, I'll re-edit my post with the new information!

thank you

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/business/new-flyer-riding-high-on-big-la-deal-190338081.html (where I got my LA bus numbers)

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1112017/new-flyer-business-update (article mentioning below quote with ETS)

So far in 2013, new contract awards of 1,009 EUs (consisting of 659 firm orders and 350 options) have been received by New Flyer from the following customers: Los Angeles, Rochester, Phoenix and Edmonton. New Flyer issued a press release regarding the Los Angeles award on February 7, 2012.

LA has ordered roughly 550 units right?

659 - 550 = 109 units. Divide it between the three (Rochester is a smaller city, so lets say they get 10-20. Also, Phoenix is a fine example of American suburbia)... and since they're retiring the 200s, ETS might be responsible for a good portion of the remaining buses on order.

659 - 550 = 109 units. Divide it between the three (Rochester is a smaller city, so lets say they get 10-20. Also, Phoenix is a fine example of American suburbia)... and since they're retiring the 200s, ETS might be responsible for a good portion of the remaining buses on order.

That's a whole lot of speculation that you're passing off as fact. How about you get the facts instead of just speculating?

That post has my math, my reasoning and my links to supporting articles. I tried looking up City of Edmonton records, no avail. Yes I was guessing, BUT the guess was well educated, so I dont see it as a reason as to why everyone should go World War III over this.

That only seems to say seven buses are actually funded, or am I reading it wrong? / missing something?

Wow. This is such old news... From last year. :P

Yes, 7 buses. Budget cuts killed the project profile that included 40+ new buses to kill off the 200's. I believe the 7 buses are mainly for growth, not replacement.

OK, beating a dead horse, but a nice roof shot of 4880 clearly with no A/C.

Incidentally, the buses have a warning not to use the High Level Bridge. Should be temporary. Apparently the issue is with the warning bar at the entrance.

ets4880-DSC03534.jpg

Most if not all XD40S are at mitchell. 4887 is also at Mitchell. 4884 had broke down a few days ago and was towed back. Few still sitting on T1 waiting for somw minor details

Incidentally, the buses have a warning not to use the High Level Bridge. Should be temporary. Apparently the issue is with the warning bar at the entrance.

Yep! Clearly shows that these are non-A/C units. I shall make sure I get a look at the top of one of CT's XD40's after they arrive to see what they look like up there since it has been published that they will be A/C equipped.

Thank you sir, it's now confirmed!