TTC Nova LFS orders

As for the swing out doors, if you wave around enough ca$h, anything's possible.

Precisely. New York spec'd a different type of rear door on their various NFI buses that had never been seen before, but made a lot of sense for them. The TTC could do/have done the same.

Dan

Here's the curb side:

How classically cheap of the TTC to opt out on lights above the entrance and exit doors, I assume these buses also will have the 1920 style farebox too! Tube lighting inside and probably not a "SmartLFS" either

I was seriously hoping for some upgrades with these new buses

How classically cheap of the TTC to opt out on lights above the entrance and exit doors, I assume these buses also will have the 1920 style farebox too! Tube lighting inside and probably not a "SmartLFS" either

Why so angry? if you see it, just look away untill it pass you by.

I assume its a demo, all TTC buses have lights above the doors, so its probably not finished yet, thats why it hasn't been delievered yet, so just relax, go to work, make money in the mean time. Don't let the bus bother you.

The last buses the TTC ordered with exterior lights above the doors were the D40LFs. These lights get damaged quite often. The 1991 Vs used to run around with crushed light cases all the time. These Novas could have them inside above the door like the VIIs do.

I think the red should parallel the windows at the rear, similar to the NG buses. IMHO The front looks like it can get a better paint deisgn.

Really, I dig it straight across without the bend at the back.

But I digress. As long as it gets me from point A to B I could care less what it looks like. <_<

Entrance and exit door lights are now located INSIDE the bus. This is standard for all Novas built after late 2011.

GRT only had the interior "exterior" lighting on the 2012 order and ours are Smart Bus interior, so if your order has the lights on the inside, that must be new to the conventional layout, because our 2011's are conventional and they have the exterior lighting.

Whether the bus has interior door lights has nothing to do with whether the bus has a SmartBus interior. (Example: Calgary and Thunder Bay's 2011 Novas have interior door lights AND conventional interior.)

Also, SmartBus interior should be standard on all new Novas now, starting with GRT's 2012 order.

• Root Admin

? The lights are on the outside bottom.

The main feature of the Smart Bus branding is electric fan cooling, which this bus appears to have -- as evidenced by the slightly taller radiator enclosure. The redesigned interior was introduced later and now about everything in the LFS is branded Smart, so it's really more of a marketing slogan than a meaningful designation.

? The lights are on the outside bottom.

Above the door on the inside, it is a strip of LED lights right above your head.

Whether the bus has interior door lights has nothing to do with whether the bus has a SmartBus interior. (Example: Calgary and Thunder Bay's 2011 Novas have interior door lights AND conventional interior.)

Also, SmartBus interior should be standard on all new Novas now, starting with GRT's 2012 order.

Haha, I thought that is was something special that GRT ordered with their buses :P I wasn't aware that it was something that was kinda standard!

Guelph got their 2012 Novas in the fall time and did they do not have the smart bus interiors

Above the door on the inside, it is a strip of LED lights right above your head.

Haha, I thought that is was something special that GRT ordered with their buses :P I wasn't aware that it was something that was kinda standard!

I had thought that the "Smart Bus" interior was only optional. These Artics could feature the new interior and such

You mean like it was with the 1990 and 1991 orders?

Don't assume anything.

There are old school staff that refuse to try anything new that would give a high fail rate! For example, how come they didn't try the EMP Cooling fans on their old buses during rebuild?

If you look at the Quebec Consortium ordered, their LFS doesn't have LED interior lights! It gets expensive if you ordered LED interior lights, which is why TTC won't buy it until the right price comes down.

If the TTC ordered wide rear door on the LFS, I wonder if the fuel tank has shrunk slightly down?

theres more to specifications than what you can see from the sidewalk.

Our Orion 7s have window differences too, but the specs were very similar.

As for any other discrepancies, you must be very.... Observant. Hooray for you.

While I'm sure there are different specs available for windows, those vertical window panes between the rear door(s) are on all Nova LFSes with narrow rear doors. I figure it's to avoid having a large solid pillar between the rear door and the full sized window forward of the rear door, which New Flyer buses have. On this TTC LFSA, the pillar between the rear doors and the windows forward of the rear is very narrow, again suggesting wider rear doors.

Another thing I noticed is that the TTC seemed to have opted for Carrier AC-353 HVAC units, which is surprising given that the TTC already has Thermo King Athenias in its' fleet.

I think everyone would agree that we would expect the TTC to have spec'd Thermo King units, but this just reinforces what Smallspy has already stated. Maybe these buses have ZF transmissions as well, I supposed we'll find out for sure when they hit the streets.

Guelph got their 2012 Novas in the fall time and did they do not have the smart bus interiors

I had thought that the "Smart Bus" interior was only optional. These Artics could feature the new interior and such

The LFS Artics we received here last fall feature the revised interior, and LED interior/exterior door lights as well. Our previous two LFS Artic batches, from the same tender, featured traditional exterior lights. I'm pretty sure the revised interior is standard now, as DJ said. I find some of Nova's design choices strange though, such as the loss of traditional advertising racks on the left side of the interior.

Sharp-looking bus! Thanks for the photos Bus_Medic.

While I'm sure there are different specs available for windows, those vertical window panes between the rear door(s) are on all Nova LFSes with narrow rear doors. I figure it's to avoid having a large solid pillar between the rear door and the full sized window forward of the rear door, which New Flyer buses have. On this TTC LFSA, the pillar between the rear doors and the windows forward of the rear is very narrow, again suggesting wider rear doors.

Another thing I noticed is that the TTC seemed to have opted for Carrier AC-353 HVAC units, which is surprising given that the TTC already has Thermo King Athenias in its' fleet.

I think everyone would agree that we would expect the TTC to have spec'd Thermo King units, but this just reinforces what Smallspy has already stated. Maybe these buses have ZF transmissions as well, I supposed we'll find out for sure when they hit the streets.

which is why it's appears to be largely MTA spec. They use carrier on theirs.

To add, ours have Allison transmissions, we already received the spares some months ago at Duncan.

To add, ours have Allison transmissions, we already received the spares some months ago at Duncan.

also iirc TTC had to retrofit the transmissions on their D40-90 from ZF transmission to Allision transmission.

Yep they came in a few months ago and most of them are gone already.

Am I correct that there's a rear window this time? I just can't get used to not having one, even after all these years. I keep catching myself looking out the back to see if there's another bus following when I want to change.

Judging from the door-side pic, there doesn't seem to be a rear-window on this bus (you should be able to see it through the side windows, given the size and quality of this image).