TTC Nova LFS orders

i heard from a friend that works at Mount Dennis that When the Artics come to Mount Dennis, mount Dennis will get 29 Dufferin and 35 Jane for sure

Why would Dufferin have all that deadhead time to Mount Dennis when Wilson is at the end of their route?

There's still a ways to go. They are expected to be here by the Fall of this year.

There might be a pilot before then...but thats just speculation.

From the Customer Charter:

In the third quarter, we will receive a prototype model of a new, and larger “bendy bus” for testing purposes. We expect to receive 26 new-model articulated buses in the fourth quarter or the first quarter of next year. These articulated buses will help us meet ridership demand on some of our busiest bus routes.

http://ttc.ca/Customer_Service/Customer_Charter/index.jsp#NewVehicles_

i heard from a friend that works at Mount Dennis that When the Artics come to Mount Dennis, mount Dennis will get 29 Dufferin and 35 Jane for sure

Maybe one but definetely not both. Mount Dennis would have to lose a few routes as well and Keele does not really make sense to move (Yes I know the rumours). Maybe Bay and Wellesley which would make more sense.

• 2 months later...

Not bad. If anything, I wish the white in the front was black though.

fleet #s would be hard to spot

Going by the limited space because of the bike rack, it's entirely likely they'll add numbers to the glass someplace

More like the A330's or more like what was done with what they did to the V's and D40LF's under the blue lights?

Probably like both, since underneath the blue lights is where Viva's A330s have their fleet number. This is kind of speculation at the moment though.

I like this livery better than 1001's, which had way too much grey on it and not enough white, plus that livery was just cramped due to the lack of space underneath the windows. We'll see what happens once they are on the street though.

Apologies for not searching out the proper thread.

- don't ever say I'm not good for anything....

What's the fleet number on it, 9000?

Not bad. If anything, I wish the white in the front was black though.

I agree, but I'm use to the "NG Livery" now so I don't mind it. It's Interesting how all the newer bus orders don't have black on the front yet they added black to the front of the RTSes during rebuild.

I wish the black wraped around the back. Looks like the D40LF. Because these buses are not as tall as the Orion VII, it can get away with it. The front is ugly with the white space, the excuse is reasonable, lol, but I'll get used to it.

I actually pefer the drawing we were shown in Sept, I was really looking forward to it looking exactly like that. But thats like me going to McDonalds and asking them to make a burger exactly has how they have it in the commercials.

So I guess the first 27 will be 3rd gen, and maybe the last for Nova? While the rest of the order will be 4th Gen, all still have to be confirmed.

Unlike the first 153 orion VII we got, :P