TTC Nova LFS orders

Does anyone know when the new Nova Lfses will start running and which routes they will be on?

thank you

8400 is here as a pilot bus - the TTC will test it out, and determine the modifications to make back at the factory to the production units. It will be a few more months until the first production models arrive in town.

The LFS will be dispatched identically to any regular bus in the TTC's fleet - so look on whatever routes are run out of the division they are normally based out of.

8400 is here as a pilot bus - the TTC will test it out, and determine the modifications to make back at the factory to the production units. It will be a few more months until the first production models arrive in town.

The LFS will be dispatched identically to any regular bus in the TTC's fleet - so look on whatever routes are run out of the division they are normally based out of.

thanks

What division will get them or is that decided yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I do not see why the TTC did not the modified or modify the head light arrangement for Nova LFS it solves the problem for the bike racker. BC Transit had the same issue when the Novas LFS first start service and they modified the head-light arrangement which solved the problem and now the bike rackers can now be used at any time of day with two bikes with no problems under the law.

I do not see why the TTC did not the modified or modify the head light arrangement for Nova LFS it solves the problem for the bike racker. BC Transit had the same issue when the Novas LFS first start service and they modified the head-light arrangement which solved the problem and now the bike rackers can now be used at any time of day with two bikes with no problems under the law.

Headlight arrangement is not the issue that the TTC is having. Also, all Nova LFS come standard with the same headlights you currently have.

Maybe chance, but both yesterday and today I saw a dead artic somewhere on Keele. Different places, and different buses. In fact a laying-over 89 was dispatched on a 41B run to make up for Thursday's missing in action artic. As it had died southbound just north of Dundas, traffic (including other buses) was backed up much of the way to St. Clair.

Maybe chance, but both yesterday and today I saw a dead artic somewhere on Keele. Different places, and different buses. In fact a laying-over 89 was dispatched on a 41B run to make up for Thursday's missing in action artic. As it had died southbound just north of Dundas, traffic (including other buses) was backed up much of the way to St. Clair.

They die on Bathurst and Dufferin too causing the same effect. Any stall vehicles (car, bus or truck) would cause a huge mess. Buses are particularly a huge problem since it can't be easily towed away.

They die on Bathurst and Dufferin too causing the same effect. Any stall vehicles (car, bus or truck) would cause a huge mess. Buses are particularly a huge problem since it can't be easily towed away.

1. Do the artics require special arrangements (tow vehicle, training) than regular buses?
  2. Why would new, but presumably run-in, buses be breaking down? I think the two dead artics I saw last week were 914X, so close to the end of the order, but still, shouldn't they be proven by now?

• Do the artics require special arrangements (tow vehicle, training) than regular buses?
Why would new, but presumably run-in, buses be breaking down? I think the two dead artics I saw last week were 914X, so close to the end of the order, but still, shouldn't they be proven by now?
When you use them literally everyday for long period of time, they will break down. I heard there is a special procedure to tow attics

If there running into the garage and breaking down, it probably ran out of fuel. Which happens all the time.

This was before 10 AM. They're not that thirsty are they? :wub:

When you use them literally everyday for long period of time, they will break down. I heard there is a special procedure to tow attics

But once they're broken in, I'd expect very good reliability. Plus, with the TTC putting artics on wider headways, the consequences of a dead bus are worse than with 40'.

going through some cummins related issues most likely.

Mostly engine related mileage issues. We're having engine codes for exhaust back pressure lately, still under cummins warranty, so us TTC guys don't touch it . And yes there is a special towing procedure as technically they're over length on tow according to the MTO.