TTC Nova LFS orders

When does the TTC ever manage night buses? Look at the on time performance for 300's routes, with no traffic and bunching, they have on time performance in the 30% range.

Granted, but that has been the case on blue night routes forever. If TTC's satisfied with that number you quote, and there's no indication they aren't or are serious about addressing it, look for more of the same.

Granted, but that has been the case on blue night routes forever. If TTC's satisfied with that number you quote, and there's no indication they aren't or are serious about addressing it, look for more of the same.

The divisions who monitor the night buses only seem to manage their own buses.

They seem to have gotten better on this report but things like 58% on Bathurst really shouldn't be happening. If the TTC really cares, their on time rate should be near 90%. The way how TTC is measuring performance is in't good enough. For night routes, they really need to tally how many trips are not operated vs trips that are early/late. Also, how early/late. 5 minutes and 15 minutes make a huge different on a 30 minute headway. Most of these data is plain meaningless except you know they can't stick to a paper schedule. Still waiting for Andy Byford to come up with something better.

https://www.ttc.ca/PDF/Customer_Service/Quarterly_Reports/Route_Performance%20_Q2%202014.pdf

They seem to have gotten better on this report but things like 58% on Bathurst really shouldn't be happening. If the TTC really cares, their on time rate should be near 90%. The way how TTC is measuring performance is in't good enough. For night routes, they really need to tally how many trips are not operated vs trips that are early/late. Also, how early/late. 5 minutes and 15 minutes make a huge different on a 30 minute headway. Most of these data is plain meaningless except you know they can't stick to a paper schedule. Still waiting for Andy Byford to come up with something better.

https://www.ttc.ca/PDF/Customer_Service/Quarterly_Reports/Route_Performance%20_Q2%202014.pdf

Opening the subway earlier Sundays would be a good start. I'm told that extra maintenance excuse is bs. Its 2015 so let's get with the times.... sorry off topic.

The divisions who monitor the night buses only seem to manage their own buses.

Unless things have changed over the last few years, all night buses were monitored by Malvern CIS.

Unless things have changed over the last few years, all night buses were monitored by Malvern CIS.

And Arrow.

Malvern monitors anything east of Yonge + 300 & 309 (correct me if I'm wrong). Arrow monitors anything west of Yonge + 320.

There were no artic's on the 29, even though the schedule was adjusted, the number of runs reduced and the headway widened to take advantage of the artics increased capacity they aren't putting them out there. Customer Service is so important, obviously.

Isn't that great.

There doesn't seem like any artics made it on the 320 this morning. I'm suspicious that something is wrong with the artics or the backlog of repairs have grown so great that they decided to not send any out.

Isn't that great.

There doesn't seem like any artics made it on the 320 this morning. I'm suspicious that something is wrong with the artics or the backlog of repairs have grown so great that they decided to not send any out.

I don't think so, check Monday to see how many Wilson Artics enter service.

3 of 17 at 7 AM according to NextBus - if I can count.

No, you can't, there is a lot more than 3 artics from Wilson division. 39 artics from Wilson division.

6 artics was suppose to be dispatched on the 41 but 2 of them are replaced by hybrids. 9150 appears to have a broken GPS, so might be running undetected.

It also looks like today is the first day artics appeared on the 60. The very first rush hour run is an artic follow by 2 more. I got the feeling that artics will be regularly dispatched on Arrow routes other than the 36.

No, you can't, there is a lot more than 3 artics from Wilson division. 39 artics from Wilson division.

I was referring to to 41 Keele - I've clarified my post as I wasn't clear. I don't think my counting is that far off, there's only 20 buses scheduled for AM peak, and I'm not sure they'd all be in service by 7 AM.

3 of 19 at 9 AM. Perhaps the missing bus is 9150.