TTC Nova LFS orders

With these clowns who could'nt make a decision to save their lives, how about the 12th of never?

So, because you are impatient you would rather that they hurriedly announce the winner rather than trying to wring every last dollar of savings out of the contract? Because that's what they're doing....

Do you even live in the City of Toronto? As a resident, I applaud their efforts to make my dollar go further.

Dan

So, because you are impatient you would rather that they hurriedly announce the winner rather than trying to wring every last dollar of savings out of the contract? Because that's what they're doing....

Do you even live in the City of Toronto? As a resident, I applaud their efforts to make my dollar go further.

Dan

I do agree that they should make sure all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed but how do you know why the meeting was cancelled?

Maybe Peter Milczyn and Karen Stintz have an important spa appointment that can't be rescheduled? :P

C'mon, really?

That was a joke but I was serious about the true cause of the meeting's cancelation. There is usually more then one item on the agenda for each meeting, there are many reasons why a meeting could/would be cancelled and I'm not so sure that delaying a purchase would be enough to cancel a whole meeting but I could be wrong. I'd like some proof.

That was a joke but I was serious about the true cause of the meeting's cancelation. There is usually more then one item on the agenda for each meeting, there are many reasons why a meeting could/would be cancelled and I'm not so sure that delaying a purchase would be enough to cancel a whole meeting but I could be wrong. I'd like some proof.

Or at least the pudding so you can look in it for the proof.

Meetings have been cancelled before. Perhaps they felt that there wasn't going to be enough items on the agenda. Hell, traditionally they don't hold meetings in the summer at all so maybe it was a mistake in the first place to schedule it at all.

But I doubt that the on-going discussions with the manufacturer has much to do with it.

Dan

It's about the money, before having a meeting about tendering a contract, money should be finalized.

Agendas are typically prepared weeks, if not months, ahead of the actual meeting. For public meetings this is especially important because documents must be prepared, printed, and distributed to the Commission members well in advance of the meeting so they are aware of the issues and can vote appropriately. Also, the public must be informed ahead of the meeting so people wishing to make deputations may respond (BTW, City of Toronto requires people making deputations to sign up at least either 1 or 3 days in advance of the meeting.

With the long lead time, staff may have initially estimated the contract would be finalized by this date, and put it on the agenda for this date. However, due to delays in the process (as others have mentioned), it is entirerly possible that the contract was not finalized, and therefore the Commission can not possibly vote to approve it on this date.

Agendas are typically prepared weeks, if not months, ahead of the actual meeting. For public meetings this is especially important because documents must be prepared, printed, and distributed to the Commission members well in advance of the meeting so they are aware of the issues and can vote appropriately. Also, the public must be informed ahead of the meeting so people wishing to make deputations may respond (BTW, City of Toronto requires people making deputations to sign up at least either 1 or 3 days in advance of the meeting.

With the long lead time, staff may have initially estimated the contract would be finalized by this date, and put it on the agenda for this date. However, due to delays in the process (as others have mentioned), it is entirerly possible that the contract was not finalized, and therefore the Commission can not possibly vote to approve it on this date.

yeah, I was going to say that too, but I thought they would have had the paper work completed.

Although, this will be one interesting tender to watch!

Could Metrolinx have a hand in stalling the TTC? IICR, they did express interest in the tender...

Could Metrolinx have a hand in stalling the TTC? IICR, they did express interest in the tender...

Metrolinx' "interest" in the tender was simply requesting a copy of the tender documents. Why is that a big deal? You think that they're going to start building buses?

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
This is pending the Commission meeting, but they probably won't change the decision.

Normally they don't announce until after the Commission meeting - unless the Commission has somehow waived the entire thing so that staff can deal with (such as with the Spadina subway extension, which is how, presumably, York University station was awarded). So I'd assume it will only be presented for information to the Commission and that somehow they've authorized staff to deal with it. Probably buried in some previous decision.

Because NABI provided the lowest bid for the part that was needed??

Of course but it's surprising since it seems NABI has never made any overtures into trying to get into the Canadian market, even something as small as a suspension contract. Does this fall under the "Canadian content" rule or is that just for Buses and Trains?

Of course but it's surprising since it seems NABI has never made any overtures into trying to get into the Canadian market, even something as small as a suspension contract. Does this fall under the "Canadian content" rule or is that just for Buses and Trains?

It should be no different than when the TTC was ordering parts from Neopart (Neoplan) a decade ago.

Nova probably met the timeline to delivery the 60ft buses. NFI already felt like they won the lotto with NYC, and probably wouldn't have time to meet TTCs timeline to deliver the buses on time. The minute TTC looked at the Nova bus from Viva/Nova, I knew they were going to go after it.

How many buses will the TTC be receiving from both contracts?

How many 60ft buses can TTC get with $24,392,745.00? 50 or so buses?