Jump to content

Parkinson Coach Lines


Recommended Posts

Found a former Parkinson Coach Lines MCI 102D3 the other night. By the sounds of it, it was the CAT engine and manual transmission. So perhaps this is former #94 or #95 (according to wiki)?

It is now operating for a small community in northern Alberta called Drayton Valley, it is southwest of Edmonton. These photos were taken in Calgary, AB. The bus has a number 116, but I doubt that is the original number as it doesn't fit into the Parkinson numbering for an older coach.

drayon-valley_116.jpgdrayon-valley_116-2.jpgdrayon-valley_116rear.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 years later...
14 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

Been hearing that Denny's Bus Lines bought over Parkinson Coach Lines. There are sighting of some Parkinson Coach Lines buses in the Denny's yard.

Interesting. Wonder if there will be some sort of public announcement of the change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JCWhite said:

Interesting. Wonder if there will be some sort of public announcement of the change.

Might be premature of them to do it now since we just started another lock down. I am sure it will be announced when the industry may pick up for the summer season.

This showed up in the December 12, 2020 issue of the Gazette: https://www.ontario.ca/document/ontario-gazette-volume-153-issue-50-december-12-2020/corporation-notices

Also, check the Gazette weekly as Parkinson Coach Lines would have to transfer their license to Denny's Bus Lines.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

Might be premature of them to do it now since we just started another lock down. I am sure it will be announced when the industry may pick up for the summer season.

This showed up in the December 12, 2020 issue of the Gazette: https://www.ontario.ca/document/ontario-gazette-volume-153-issue-50-december-12-2020/corporation-notices

Also, check the Gazette weekly as Parkinson Coach Lines would have to transfer their license to Denny's Bus Lines.

The way that link reads, sounds like Denny's is closing... It sounds like a liquidator has been assigned to dennys while they wrap up business.

"TAKE NOTICE that the shareholders of Denny’s Motor Coach Tours Ltd. at a special meeting duly called for the purpose and held on the 30th day of November, 2020, passed a special resolution requiring the Corporation to be wound up voluntarily under the provisions of the Business Corporations Act (Ontario), and appointing Joyce Susan Marshall of Rockwood, Ontario, as liquidator."

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JCWhite said:

The way that link reads, sounds like Denny's is closing... It sounds like a liquidator has been assigned to dennys while they wrap up business.

"TAKE NOTICE that the shareholders of Denny’s Motor Coach Tours Ltd. at a special meeting duly called for the purpose and held on the 30th day of November, 2020, passed a special resolution requiring the Corporation to be wound up voluntarily under the provisions of the Business Corporations Act (Ontario), and appointing Joyce Susan Marshall of Rockwood, Ontario, as liquidator."

I got a response to that, Denny's shut down their Tour Division. The Tour Division was owned by the Parent Company: Denny's Bus Lines hence the notice in the Gazette. It makes sense for them to shut it down, the Tour Attractions won't get up and running until 2024 according to New York City Tourism.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...