2013 GM Fishbowl Tracking thread

D40LF

I have asked nicely in the past, could we please post photos as attachments and not embedded in every post? This is for the sake of those who may have older computers or slow connections to the Internet. Also easier to view on our smart phones as well. Thanks.

Sorry about that, I for some reason have trouble getting used to that. Next time I will attach my photos.

I have asked nicely in the past, could we please post photos as attachments and not embedded in every post? This is for the sake of those who may have older computers or slow connections to the Internet. Also easier to view on our smart phones as well. Thanks.

I agree, please post them as attachments. If it's an odd photo here and there, then it's not a big deal. But when it's a string of like 4 or 5 photos and an almost daily occurence, it is really hard on the bandwidth of some users. It also takes away the ease of viewing of those on Smart Phones or slow internet connections.

Please note that future excess imbedded images will be removed without notice at moderator discretion.

Center Street and 4th Ave South, you could possible find one doing an express up into the communities in the North.

School runs on the north end of the city as well but I believe that you wouldn't want to be part of an awkward situation with bus full of students on a school run.

Hey everyone, I'm in Calgary visiting over the next couple of days. Does anyone have any tips for catching some fishbowls in action? Are there any spots in the city that would be best for finding them? I'd love to catch a ride on as many as I can.

Thanks in advance!

In the PM peak, basically anywhere on 5th or 6th Avenue in downtown. More common on 5th Avenue in PM. My two personal favourite busfanning spots for express routes in downtown in the PM are at 5th Avenue/9th Street (where they all enter service), and Centre Street/5th Avenue (where the North express routes turn left, allowing for a nice angle for photos), so I'd recommend you go to one of those spots. But remember to quickly peek up 6th Avenue every now and then, as GM's are quite often found on one of the routes that use 6th Avenue in the PM peak as well. Spring Gardens Garage between 2:00 PM and 3:40 PM is another great spot as you can catch ALL the GM's that are scheduled to go into service for the PM peak leaving the garage for service. But I wouldn't busfan the GM's (or any type of bus) on a school route, as you definitely don't want crazy school kids to catch you photographing/videotaping their commute bus (I learned that the hard way a long time ago...).

Good luck finding them!

• 2 weeks later...