D40LF

2013 GM Fishbowl Tracking thread

Are CT going to keep one Jimmy for hisorical purposes? Do CT even have an historical fleet?
The U2s are kinda historical

Several Fishbowls are near the East Wall and on the tarmac beside the fence awaiting the final tow including 874. There at good angles for photos if you want to take your final shots of the Fishbowls.

Is 1046 scrap? Or will that one be the historical bus?

Likely scrap.. Didn't find it awaiting scrap. Also didn't find: 1014, 1043, 1059 and 1156

Has CT promised a GM will be kept intact? It would have been nice if Halifax had saved a 60-foot classic before scrapping them all but taxpayers would view it as an unwanted operating expense. I'm sure Calgary Transit has done their homework.

At about 3:30 this afternoon, Tallis and I saw 1014 being hauled away from Spring Gardens on a flatbed, likely to the scrapyard.

I saw what I believe was 973 or 78 being towed southbound on Deerfoot near Blackfoot. So I guess that ones added to the list.

At about 3:30 this afternoon, Tallis and I saw 1014 being hauled away from Spring Gardens on a flatbed, likely to the scrapyard.

Here are a couple photos of 1014 being hauled away.

1014-11.jpg

1014rear2.jpg

1014-11.jpg

1014rear2.jpg

post-112-0-72922400-1395713933_thumb.jpg

post-112-0-08359300-1395713939_thumb.jpg

1014-11.jpg

1014rear2.jpg

1014-11.jpg

1014rear2.jpg

1014-11.jpg

1014rear2.jpg

Well good riddance to Calgary Transit's GM Fishbowls for good at last! Unfortunately I am on vacation and unable to have went to SG to saw them in their last days on CT property. Wish I didn't leave Calgary so I could have gotten some final photos myself...

Navajo Auto Wreckers so far.

There's about 10 buses sitting on the back part of the lot by the hill at Navajo so far. All were still intact as of this afternoon. Mainly Fishbowls, but some Ex-Connecticut Classics as well (I assume 5108 and 5110). Easily visible from driving on Deerfoot.

I confirmed yesterday with Navajo Metals that they have received 18 buses with about 32 more to come. Mainly fishbowls there, however a Connenitcuit Classic and an original Classic to Calgary were down there as of yesterday. They are being destroyed at a rate of 3-4 a day. Even though I wasn't that big of a fan for the V730 powered Fishbowls, it's still sad to see them go...

I took a look around Spring Gardens Garage yesterday and it seems that no Fishbowls are on property. My source told me that the Historical Fishbowls are at Anderson Garage. Can I get that confirmed?

#1046 is the only Fishbowl left on the property now. It is parked on the west fence by the shops.

Oh and also, I went by the Navajo wreckers today and not a single bus could be seen on their property, so I guess they have destroyed all of the Fishbowls and Classics that were down there now.

So sad to hear that all the GM's got destroyed, but it's also so nice to hear that #1046 is likely to get preserved! I wonder if that official farewell run is going to happen.

Here are a couple of photos of #1046 for which Greatcoinz and I quickly went up to the west fence to quickly snap...

13681836313_fa30bd3330.jpg

13681830443_9a9921967f.jpg

13681832333_4f8247c190.jpg

#1046 is now gone from Spring Gardens Garage. It is now stored at the Oliver Bowen Facility in the N.E. on the west side of the building.

This good or bad? CT needs to fix it and run it or else it's just rotting away and will eventually get scrapped.

This good or bad? CT needs to fix it and run it or else it's just rotting away and will eventually get scrapped.

Could be good as it been rumored it was moved there for now to keep it going to scrap by mistake.