2013 GM Fishbowl Tracking thread

D40LF

Yep! It got cleaned up over the weekend for a photo shoot with a couple of new buses. I suspect there will be something in the media about this.

Also a little tidbit of history on #902, the front end of that bus is actually from 1972. It is the front end from bus #680 after #902 was involved in a collision sometime before 1993.

Not quite yet. I heard from one of the board members who was at the media event yesterday that he was told there might be a surprise coming up for all of us enthusiasts in the next week, related to the GM's...!

Oh that's weird. The fleet manager said they're officially retired yesterday?

I spoke with member Issack and he said he was told otherwise.

Or you could watch this video to prove what I just said. They're taken out of service, I deliberately asked the fleet manager and he told me they won't see service ever again. Maybe another charter? idk. I'm just stating what I was told. http://www.calgaryhe...2281/story.html

I was told by the same man who told me what keys the xd40s we're on and he said that a GM would be doing a final farewell run sometime in the near future and to watch the website for details, sorry wasn't trying to create a argument whether my info is correct or not we will have to wait and see

I don't get how though we are going to be short so many units.... I know it's what there saying but the math doesnt work

1978-82 = 20 give or take

1990/1991/92 = 109 give or take

1993 = 42

1995 = 40

All together that = 211

We're getting 150 buses that means we lose 61 units

I am going to come out of my hibernation to post because this is really really starting to get frustrating to read about this fleet information. Even though I am hibernated from the forum, I continue to be full of information and great sources. Information on big news gets posted and emailed. New buses and retiring the oldest are apparently big news. I got that news Friday. From what i learned shortly ago, the same information was shared to operators this past week at Garage information sessions held by Schedules, Planning, Fleet and Maintenance.

GMs - Officially retired "on paper retired" from regular revenue service Thursday, February 20th. There is nothing to indicate they cannot do a Kumbaya with them or 1 or whatever. Whether it be a charter or what not.

MCIs - Scheduled to be retired/scrapped/sold off (several apparently) between Summer 2014 and Spring 2015. Infact, anyone who has been by Anderson lately would have noticed serveral on the tarmac. All but 2 of those are already retired.

1993s - The "worst of the worst" are already starting to be phased out. By summer of 2015, all 2 stroke engines will be removed from service. It has now been confirmed that no other 1993s will have CAD installed in them.

1995s and newer - That post on Thursday is the first i have heard of any plans to scrap in the near future. Infact, the 95s statistically remain one of the most reliable buses on the road, aside from interior heat. The fact that 95s and 96s have the CAD system and continue to have the CAD system installed to them on a daily basis says otherwise.

Union contracts are ongoing and we will know if shuttle numbers will change. Until that point that a contract is signed, the old contract must be followed which means restrictions on the amount of conventional work to shuttle work. Keep in mind what happened in 2001 and nearly happened in 2007 before we start speculating what could happen with shuttle work.

I don't know about Fleet Allocation. I don't dig as much anymore but trust me folks, the information will be shared. Whether its by me coming out for more honey or through the people i communicate with off the forum.

Again folks, we know how transit is. The GMCs were supposed to be gone when i started in 2011. We had to fight to get trained on them....

Back to the Woods i go! Talk to you folks soon! My PM box is always open.

• 3 weeks later...