CPTDB Wiki was recently upgraded! Please report any issues here.

DavidW

Winnipeg Transit 800s (2013) enter service

I am informed that the first unit of the 2013 order for conventional buses has arrived at FRG. The order is, of course, NewFlyer model D40LFR's and the first unit is numbered ... [drumroll] ... 800.

If my info is accurate then for the first time in living memory Winnipeg Transit has chosen to use a "00" fleet number.

Does anyone know exactly what the 2013 Order contains?

Also could someone more experienced update the Wiki?

Thanks

I'm thinking the usual 30 buses or so. I don't have any official numbers yet, but it's usually around there.

I feel old... was riding the 1st generation of 800s only just last winter. Now there are these! :P

There also goes the last Classics, and 1/3rd of the D40s left.

Interiors the same, I presume?

I feel old... was riding the 1st generation of 800s only just last winter. Now there are these! :P

Probably. I didnt look.

Had I lived in Winnipeg for a few months longer, i would've been able to ride 3 generations of 800s. The old D700s in the late 1980's to early 90's, The D40's and the new D40LFR's. Oh well, at least I'll get a chance this spring.

Coming back? Winnipeg could sure use some more bus fans :)

Will these use the old fareboxes, or straight-up get the newer models?

An email from my friend at transit...

Update on our latest order ... 800 & 801 have arrived and are part of a thirty-one bus order. There in the shop being road readied. So, we'll have 800-830 as the new order. I have pictures of 800 which I'll send to you later tonight. The VIN for 800 is 2FYD5FV12CC041354 and it's described on the builder's plate as a "D40LFR Diesel Transit". It was built by New Flyer Industries Canada ULC, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Had I lived in Winnipeg for a few months longer, i would've been able to ride 3 generations of 800s. The old D700s in the late 1980's to early 90's, The D40's and the new D40LFR's. Oh well, at least I'll get a chance this spring.

I go back to these 800s!!! Now who's old??? And I can remember the Fuso buses when I was a kid!!!!!

0868.jpg

I go back to these 800s!!! Now who's old??? And I can remember the Fuso buses when I was a kid!!!!!

0868.jpg

Now that brings me back to my childhood. Remember taking these ones on the 52 Marion to school and the 17 Academy to my grandmas.

I'd go transit spotting (the 14 "Ferry Road" terminus is barely a 5 minute walk from my house), but my bodys killing me from working all the time. Hopefully someone else on CPTDB can do this!

Today:

800 on 78

801 on 21

803 on 11

IMG_2763.JPG

Can anyone identify the kind of seats? They differ from the Kiel seats on the 140-169 and 600's.

Today:

800 on 78

801 on 21

803 on 11

Can anyone identify the kind of seats? They differ from the Kiel seats on the 140-169 and 600's.

Was that the 800? I got one of 800 too! :)

250350_475422725827459_784655890_n.jpg