The New West LRT Extension

LRT

If it's just a passive repeater (not an active base station) then it won't matter what the encoding or modulation is, just the frequency band. MiKE borders just below the Tx/Rx frequencies of the GSM-850 band so it could be the bandwidth of the repeaters is wide enough to cover both ... or maybe there are additional micro-cells/repeaters elsewhere.

Ah. Well then that's good to hear. Clearly you know more than I do. :P

Regardless, these antennas are in the tunnel by 69 St too.

Curious to know how crews are changed off on the 202 and 201. I assume crew changes are done at Anderson for the 201?

Crews are changed at Somerset/Bridlewood for the route 201 and at Saddletowne for the 202.

Also are trains parked overnight at 69th St?

No. 202 trains return to the Oliver/Bowen LRT Facility in the N.E. by the McKnight Westwinds Station.

Here are some photos that I took yesterday while out cruising around the West end of the city:

151212-2266westbrook.jpg

151212-2267westbrook.jpg

151212-2269westbrook.jpg

151212-2307ct2330westbrook.jpg

151212-2315ct2266-45th.jpg

151212-02806westbrook.jpg

151212-02807westbrook.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a rare sight. U2s on the 202 line today!

A-6XjzFCcAAa8EF.jpg

I managed to get on a 69th street-bound train from Southland Station. It was noticeably slow crawling up the Bow Trail hill but it wasn't too bad.

I took a video between Downtown West-Kerby and Westbrook station. Ignore the singing in the background...

A-6XjzFCcAAa8EF.jpg

I managed to get on a 69th street-bound train from Southland Station. It was noticeably slow crawling up the Bow Trail hill but it wasn't too bad.

I took a video between Downtown West-Kerby and Westbrook station. Ignore the singing in the background...

I've been waiting for this to happen!

Very sweet! Thanks for posting - and the video!

Not too bad up the hill, but with a full load it would be a different story.

HEH! Nice catch! I wonder why it was sent up to the west end from the south!?!

HEH! Nice catch! I wonder why it was sent up to the west end from the south!?!

Im sure the broken train at sunnyside yesterday probably had something to do with it. I had passengers on my 3 get on and ask me to take them to a 73 to get to brentwood because trains were being diverted west because of the backlog going north

Im sure the broken train at sunnyside yesterday probably had something to do with it. I had passengers on my 3 get on and ask me to take them to a 73 to get to brentwood because trains were being diverted west because of the backlog going north

Ha. Wasn't a broken train, it was broken track. A totally broken rail at Sunnyside, and trains were single-tracking between Sunnyside and Lion's Park crossovers. Trains were barely on time on a 10 minute headway, so they probably diverted rush hour trains West until the rail was fixed.

I wonder if it was the nb track cus there was a bump on the rail there for a couple years

Could be, the bump was caused by b/o train wheels cutting a groove in the rail.

OBMF is closed today, all trains out of AG, small chance that more U2s could of ended up on the 202 line.

A-6XjzFCcAAa8EF.jpg

There was a slow order of 70kph all R.O.W on the 24th that could of effect the speed going up Bow / Christe Park

Here's one thing I observe on the West-LRT. I live in the NE and I'm always at the Saddletowne LRT Station and see that most of the trains that arrive for the West-LRT line are SD-160s. I only seen twice U2's on the West-LRT line.

Because of the grade up the hill by Sirocco, the U2's have trouble getting up there.

Because of the grade up the hill by Sirocco, the U2's have trouble getting up there.

That grade seems rather tame compared to Bow Trail's hill between Sunalta and Shaganappi Point...

In any event, this was discussed in another thread which relayed the decision to us that only SD-160's would be stored and dispatched out of Oliver Bowen, and the U2's would be dispatched out of Anderson and Haysboro. Since the entire fleet of trains on the Saddletowne-69 street service are dispatched out of OBMF, that means our opportunity to ride the U2's is pretty slim.

Jon

Bunch of U2s showed up last night at OBMF that came from the south. I think 2 consists if I'm not mistaken.

I saw at least two U2 consists on the 202 last night doing the City Centre-Saddletowne portion of the route, but I'm unsure if they made it out onto the west leg. I know the second one was a floater train that came into service at Centre Street but not sure about the first.

Possibly the ones that ended up at OBMF?

I wonder what the maximum attainable speed for a U2 consist with a full load (200 riders) would be up the Bow Trail hill from under Chrowchild to 26 Street SW as well as the 17 Avenue Hill from Sirocco to the 69 Street Tunnel Portal?

Not sure, but a full load for a U2 consist is not 200 people, its more like 600-700 people:p