ocrr

rider1

Has anyone seen any fact that the CN may be pulling up the OCRR that terminates at Arnprior, in the end of 2013?

SO much for that west end commuter deal that former Mayor Gibeau...and others were working on

This also creates a situation for Nylene, who presently haul away material by tanker car from arnprior.

Has anyone seen any fact that the CN may be pulling up the OCRR that terminates at Arnprior, in the end of 2013?

SO much for that west end commuter deal that former Mayor Gibeau...and others were working on

This also creates a situation for Nylene, who presently haul away material by tanker car from arnprior.

If this is the railway line that crosses March Road at Carling Avenue, it is still in use. Just last week I spotted a CN train crawling along the tracks, after stopping at Tim Horton's, of course! :P

If this is the railway line that crosses March Road at Carling Avenue, it is still in use. Just last week I spotted a CN train crawling along the tracks, after stopping at Tim Horton's, of course! :P

hi tom, yes its the one, its also the one that was a natural for a commuter line. it was in the local paper 3 wks ago that CN wants to pull it up and scrap it. Thats the line that continues up to and ends at arnprior. Was the engines pulling 3 or 4 tankers? They were from Nylene.

hi tom, yes its the one, its also the one that was a natural for a commuter line. it was in the local paper 3 wks ago that CN wants to pull it up and scrap it. Thats the line that continues up to and ends at arnprior. Was the engines pulling 3 or 4 tankers? They were from Nylene.

It was hard to tell, as the train was some way down the tracks and all I really saw was the headlamp and ditch lights pointing at me as I drove by, though I did see at least two tank cars. BTW, it looked as if there was another train on the tracks this morning, but it was much farther down (apparently between Hertzberg and Richardson) and I couldn't make anything out.

im not sure when it runs now, the CN engines used to travel up the spur to Arnprior every tues morning, then it changed to thurs,. but its allmost allways durring the wkdays, ive never see then do a wkend tanker run . The engines come up from walkely yard then pick up the tankers then head back. That line further into kanata may service other things too, im not sure.

Will the rail line to the oil yards near Hunt Club and Merivale also be taken up? I know that a lot of that is used by Via and will stay, but the oil yards will likely need some connection.

Anyone know what will happen to the Walkley Yard itself? If the line to the north goes, what will its function be other than O-Train?