octranspobusfreak

The Confederation Line

46 minutes ago, andreasv said:

Looks like he's going to have to write another letter for today too

Hopefully he’ll write his letter of resignation at the same time.......

• Like 1

I am considering a new thread. Instead of OC Bus sightings, it will be "Line 1 working in the morning" sightings. Should be a quiet thread...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tomb said:

I am considering a new thread. Instead of OC Bus sightings, it will be "Line 1 working in the morning" sightings. Should be a quiet thread...

That would be considered a duplicate thread though. 

1 hour ago, Mark Walton said:

404 Not Found.

It was working when I shared it. It must have been removed.

45 minutes ago, Centralsmt said:

Here we go again....

No way... Are people retarded (not stupid, retarded) or something?? Like come on people...

I can't seeing Ottawa being the only city that has Transit issues(rail?) I'm guessing the TTC, GO Transit, Montreal's Subway, Edmonton's & Calgary's LRT,BC Sky Train must have issues as well. Whether there are as OC is experiencing I don't, but come on other systems have issues every day, what makes OC an exception.

Yes I know the system new, but doesn't mean you'll won't have issues. It's one thing when it's mechanical issues, but it's another when it's done by passenger  stupidity?

34 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

I can't seeing Ottawa being the only city that has Transit issues(rail?) I'm guessing the TTC, GO Transit, Montreal's Subway, Edmonton's & Calgary's LRT,BC Sky Train must have issues as well. Whether there are as OC is experiencing I don't, but come on other systems have issues every day, what makes OC an exception.

Yes I know the system new, but doesn't mean you'll won't have issues. It's one thing when it's mechanical issues, but it's another when it's done by passenger  stupidity?

Nothing to do with passenger stupidity, transit systems all over the world cope with passengers holding the door opened, and trains are designed to cope with this.

There is obviously a problem in Ottawa with doors when the trains are busy and it is up to OC Transpo to find a solution, they cannot keep blaming their customers 

2 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

No way... Are people retarded (not stupid, retarded) or something?? Like come on people...

Retarded??

What age are you?

You do know what day it is today?

Just now, STO_1601 said:

Could this risk shutting down the LRT for a long time?

Could, but I hope OC can fix this issue of jammed doors. This doesn't happen on any other system with the same LRT trains.

Wouldn't be surprised if OC will have buses on standby to run as Route R1 once a dunce jams the door.

3 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Not to the extent Ottawa has had. The TYSSE opened late and had some scheduling issues, but they didn't happen every day and they were ironed out really quickly, it was also mainly an ATC issue. ETS Metro line screwed over cars mainly, the UPX had ridership issues, iON is running slower than it should be, the Canada line was underbuilt (but this wasn't an issue for the first few years), etc.  The Evergreen extension was considered a huge success and the Orange line extension didn't have issues as far as I am currently concerned. These events are all issues, but not to the chronic absurdity of how OC Transpo has handled this. 

3 hours ago, Centralsmt said:

Nothing to do with passenger stupidity, transit systems all over the world cope with passengers holding the door opened, and trains are designed to cope with this.

There is obviously a problem in Ottawa with doors when the trains are busy and it is up to OC Transpo to find a solution, they cannot keep blaming their customers

Apparently much of the issue stems from how long the doors are designed to stay open and particularly at the downtown stations, and whether all of the sensors that are supposed to be installed around the doors are functioning in the way they are supposed to.

While in theory it should be easy to resolve, it may also depend on OC Transpo admitting fault - deserved or not.

Dan

2 hours ago, smallspy said:

While in theory it should be easy to resolve, it may also depend on OC Transpo admitting fault - deserved or not.

It depends on either RTM or Alstom admitting fault. All OC Transpo can do is go to them.

7 minutes ago, OCCheetos said:

It depends on either RTM or Alstom admitting fault. All OC Transpo can do is go to them.

Not if the trains were built to OC Specification, they could have specified the door times.

33 minutes ago, Centralsmt said:

Not if the trains were built to OC Specification, they could have specified the door times.

For dwell times sure. They've already said they'll adjust them.

If the doors are in fact flimsy, that's RTM's problem.

If I am remembering things correctly, the Toronto Rockets had doors that timed out similarly to ours, and they had serious problems with that. I don't know how they fixed that problem, but perhaps OC and/or Alstom can look into that and take similar action.

It's also probable that they'll need to figure out a way to increase headways sooner rather than later.

As far as who should be shouldering blame for all this, I'll put it this way: riders, whether they are the cause or not, certainly aren't helping when there are problems like this. I was on board a train in the thick of the problem (which for me wasn't that big of a deal, probably an extra 10 minutes at most), and people were forcing their way onto trains at Bayview before anyone could get off. I mean, I understand being upset about the delays, but blatantly ignoring basic etiquette isn't going to make the situation better for anyone.

So, despite the inside knowledge of the experts on here, it seems Thursday’s problems were nothing to do with doors or customers after all.........🙄

2 hours ago, Centralsmt said:

So, despite the inside knowledge of the experts on here, it seems Thursday’s problems were nothing to do with doors or customers after all.........🙄

The only person who even works on the LRT is @sseguin so granted, everyone else's guess is good as they're gonna get unless we hear otherwise from him or any person at the control room at Belfast.

3 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

The only person who even works on the LRT is @sseguin so granted, everyone else's guess is good as they're gonna get unless we hear otherwise from him or any person at the control room at Belfast.

A guess is never as good as you are going to get, the facts are.

Passing off false information as facts doesnt help anyone