octranspobusfreak

The Confederation Line

3 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

It's not? Trust me everyone going to want to se it.

As the sayng goes

"Build it and they will come."

In all honesty the real test will be OCT 6 after the 3 wek bus service is over, you'll have no choice but transfer to the LRT.

Of course everyone will want to see it. It's only been the main construction headache of the City for the past 4 years, not to mention the largest recurring local media item in that time.

What seems to be the surprise is that you seem to need to warn people that it's going to be busy on Saturday and Sunday. That's not a surprise. Of course people want to see what the headaches and press was all about.

Dan

1 hour ago, Loud-Invero said:

According to the signage at Hurdman, rear boarding will be permitted on OC 40 ft'ers on September 14th

So theres no confusion 

Rear door boarding will only be permitted at the following locations

Blair, Greenboro , Hurdman & Tunneys Pasture.

20190910_133336.thumb.jpg.44e5a0615ad60550ff1f39e6bc0c381f.jpg

• Thanks 1

There one flaw in tha back door policy at those stations mentioned. Who's to stop anyone from walking to th station and boarding a 40' bus by the back door not paying as I have not seen any fare gates leading to the bus platforms at Hurdman?

2 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

There one flaw in tha back door policy at those stations mentioned. Who's to stop anyone from walking to th station and boarding a 40' bus by the back door not paying as I have not seen any fare gates leading to the bus platforms at Hurdman?

The current gate at Hurdman thats being used will be closed and all access will be from the Main Station building ( when Line 1 is open) 
Same for Tunny's Pasture 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Oc4526 said:

The current gate at Hurdman thats being used will be closed and all access will be from the Main Station building ( when Line 1 is open) 
Same for Tunny's Pasture 

Per sign at Hurdman 

20190911_143116.thumb.jpg.a317af2dcdb05c1ee1a4e72c95251cc1.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

What stops them in a place like Toronto where most of the stations are already fare-paid areas and people load by both doors?

Dan

The Confederation Line can now be found on Google Maps and can be used in the trip planner if you select a time of 2:00pm on Saturday or later.

3 hours ago, smallspy said:

What stops them in a place like Toronto where most of the stations are already fare-paid areas and people load by both doors?

Dan

What's ever stopped anyone from getting on the back of a bus now? 50/50 the driver doesn't notice, or care.

13 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Does anyone why Jim Watson and other politicians are getting the official first ride and not the public?

Do you really not know the answer to that question???😂😂

1 minute ago, Centralsmt said:

Paid by the government, for the government (employees)? 🙃

6 hours ago, Centralsmt said:

DependableVibrantAustraliankelpie-size_r

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Still unclear if OC had struck deals with other carriers for tunnel LTE service.

Negotiations would be with TELUS, not OC.

On 9/12/2019 at 8:06 PM, OCCheetos said:

Negotiations would be with TELUS, not OC.

It appears Bell will also be available in the stations and tunnel according to the e-mail I received from Bell as a Bell customer?

I was among the many who tried out the Confederation Line this afternoon, and I was quite impressed with the new O-Trains.  The trains felt really quick, even between Blair and uOttawa Stations where the alignment isn't very different from the old Transitway, and I had no problem getting a seat after about 4:00 pm.  I even got to sit in the rail fan seat after about 5:30.  Well done, OC Transpo! ^_^

4 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

I was on the LRT today too! They smell kind of funny they don't smell like a bus/train smell.

I noticed that too when I was on them. I wonder what it was. 😕

Here are my thoughts:

Pros:
• It was great to finally be back on the Transitway after almost nearly 4 and a half years of closure.
• Trips in the downtown core are significantly after than current BRT service along Albert and Slater, since Bay and Kent is now Lyon with Bank and Metcalfe combined into Parliament Station.
• Love the sound of the train, especially underground in the tunnel.
• Love the NSAS.

Cons:
• Pretty much a downgrade in speed along the former Transitway. Where buses use to go 90-100, trains go about 70-90.
• There no such thing as bypassing station like we have with the current Connexion/Local Limited Service routes.
• The train smelt weird, that or it was the person sitting next to me!
• NSAS doesn't tell people or indicate that "Pimisi" station is currently/soon to be formerly named LeBreton.

For me personally, when we approached Tremblay Station, we were matching the pace of the Westbound train and were a neck and neck with a VIA Rail train (which I bet some of those people on board are there specifically for the train). Although I didn't get off to tell, I couldn't hear that loud ass tunnel vent we all use to hear at St. Laurent station.

On 9/14/2019 at 7:35 AM, MCIBUS said:

It appears Bell will also be available in the stations and tunnel according to the e-mail I received from Bell as a Bell customer?

No coverage with videotron and their facebook message rep says they currently have no plans to add coverage in the tunnel.

The smell is in the tunnel is to the west and investigation underway to see what causing it as well what will need to fix it.

Doors open at 1:45 at my station and and on the train before 2.

Ah!! those Presto gates and hope you have better success than TTC has with them. I had a bitch of time getting with my day pass to gates to open and not the only one.

Service started every 4 minutes with 15 sets but climb to 8 minutes at time due to ridership. Still a large crowds on the last 2 trains at 7-8 pm that I rode, as well being crowded with standing only.

Has great acceleration and moving at top speeds in matter of seconds. Its the fastest of any LRT I been on. Don't like the car like I did 7 years ago. Slopping from both direction for the seat(s) over the wheel to the point they are higher than any I have seen to date.

Love the artwork I saw at a number of stations I checkout.

When I saw the new Bayview shelter and bus sign Friday afternoon, it was close and tape up. The old stop sign in place. Saw it again around 8 pm, and it was open and all the wrapping was gone. The old stop sign was gone that it was confusing both riders and drivers since some riders were using the new stop and flagging buses done, while some driver stop there in the first place.

Turn out was lighter than expecting. Door open at 1:45 in place of 2 pm with cars in service already.

Monday will be the real test and to see what impact will take place for the existing bus routes that will cease Oct as well.

Very positive review by all, including me. CBC wanted to interview a number of times, but pass on it.

All I got from Ottawa was a Tee Shirt, pen and an LRT cut out.

6 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Here are my thoughts:

Pros:
• It was great to finally be back on the Transitway after almost nearly 4 and a half years of closure.
• Trips in the downtown core are significantly after than current BRT service along Albert and Slater, since Bay and Kent is now Lyon with Bank and Metcalfe combined into Parliament Station.
• Love the sound of the train, especially underground in the tunnel.
• Love the NSAS.

Cons:
• Pretty much a downgrade in speed along the former Transitway. Where buses use to go 90-100, trains go about 70-90.
• There no such thing as bypassing station like we have with the current Connexion/Local Limited Service routes.
• The train smelt weird, that or it was the person sitting next to me!
• NSAS doesn't tell people or indicate that "Pimisi" station is currently/soon to be formerly named LeBreton.

For me personally, when we approached Tremblay Station, we were matching the pace of the Westbound train and were a neck and neck with a VIA Rail train (which I bet some of those people on board are there specifically for the train). Although I didn't get off to tell, I couldn't hear that loud ass tunnel vent we all use to hear at St. Laurent station.

Umm, so you’re saying that because the train stops at every station, you are inconvenienced? Wow.

• Like 1