O-Train Line 1 | The Confederation Line

Not sure if these men were city councilers or whatever, however at Tunney's Pasture I over heard that apparently OC is testing "(Mission)"? software, which is looking to replace the whistle blowers at the stations, not sure if this is true though...

Also, boarded @ Blair (at 2:51 PM) and OC 1128, door 18, is jammed closed and won't open (better than jammed open)

5 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Not sure if these men were city councilers or whatever, however at Tunney's Pasture I over heard that apparently OC is testing "(Mission)"? software, which is looking to replace the whistle blowers at the stations, not sure if this is true though...

Those people on the platform were never going to be permanent. The story goes that the CCTV system that is supposed to display a feed of the platform (or inside of the train) to the cab wasn't working reliably, so they have attendants on the platform to signal the train to depart. Once that's working normally, they won't need anyone blowing whistles.

Hi from Calgary!

Seeing a lot of miscommunication to passengers about delays. How does Transpo usually handle delays? Are they radioed to dispatch?

From experience here (and someone from the Calgary board can clarify and correct me), problems are usually relayed to dispatch and other drivers near the problem train. Once word is received, announcements are made to passengers (manually for unplanned delays, we used to have automatic announcement for them, but switched back to manual). Calgary Transit also relays any significant delays via Twitter and updates on the situation (i.e. Problem solved, getting back on schedule).

It's not always perfect 100% of the time however. It does take a bit of time for word to spread to other LRT operators and some are even unaware of the situation until they get held up at a station.

As LRT has stated previously, it's a matter of getting into the flow of things and working out the bugs. Nothing ever is flawless the first time around. OC Transpo is pretty new to operating LRT, and there are numerous issues that need workarounds with the system that was built. There is never a clear cut solution to everything, but some recommendations can help discover a solution that fits. That is my 2 cents on this.

6 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

No need to be cheesed out because operators have to cover for the crap train (doors) that they are. How many hours has it been since we last had to run R1, like 8 hours ago?

I didn't say I was cheesed, and you missed my point. There's no need to contribute to the declining quality of content posted here with memes. That's for Facebook and Reddit.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Creation of direct non-stop trips from Tunney's Pasture to west and south end

Ohhh, I wonder if my wish came true... I'm hoping they're referring to Connexion Routes and will no longer stop at all between Baseline/Moodie to Westboro. Same for the south end, be surprised if 93 trips or Routes in the 290's provide no service along the southern transitway to speed it up. Right now, taking the 290 is no different than taking the 97 for half the route since people will treat it as a regular route.

10 minutes ago, Loud-Invero said:

Ohhh, I wonder if my wish came true... I'm hoping they're referring to Connexion Routes and will no longer stop at all between Baseline/Moodie to Westboro. Same for the south end, be surprised if 93 trips or Routes in the 290's provide no service along the southern transitway to speed it up. Right now, taking the 290 is no different than taking the 97 for half the route since people will treat it as a regular route.

As it has been since it was local route 140. The only reason its a “Connexion” route is because over the years, the route has been dialed back from a regular local to a peak only local. IMO it shouldn’t be a “Connexion” route, it should be a “Limited Local”.

As for the 291 and 294, those routes should bypass all stops along the Transitway after Hurdman until Billings for the 291 and Greenboro for the 294.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

As it has been since it was local route 140. The only reason its a “Connexion” route is because over the years, the route has been dialed back from a regular local to a peak only local. IMO it shouldn’t be a “Connexion” route, it should be a “Limited Local”.

As for the 291 and 294, those routes should bypass all stops along the Transitway after Hurdman until Billings for the 291 and Greenboro for the 294.

oh I know, 140 was downgraded on September 4th, 2011 and replaced by Route 87 on the portions people frequently used the 140 on (if I recall correctly from my research). I agree, next stop after Hurdman should be Greenboro for Connexion routes, including the 93 (as it did replace Route 293). I also agree they should have renumbered it to Route 91 and make it local limited as its former self was a local peak period route that was previously a regular route.

57 minutes ago, CanadaGoose said:

Rumour is that:

- 257X specials have been coming out at stop B, taking 4-6 passengers on a trip to the Eagleson Park and Ride.

Definitely, more communication has to be done. I wouldn’t expect anyone to know where 257X special goes.

On my GPS app, it says 257X Special trips are "257 Eagleson", however nowhere on the OC Transpo site does it have trips that specifically terminate or start at Eagleson park and Ride

On 11/6/2019 at 4:02 PM, sseguin said:
The presentation slideshow (Budget 2020 and Confederation Line Service Update) delivered at today's Transit Commission meeting are now available on our site here:

The press release and audio will be posted once the meeting concludes.

Here is the audio of yesterday's Transit Commission meeting that the City posted.

There was an announcement this afternoon an organizational change today. Memos attached to the post (obtained from former Ottawa Citizen Columnist Ken Gray, who runs the Bulldog web site: https://bulldogottawa.com/rtg-shuffles-managers-to-meet-lrt-demands/)

RTG-and-RTM-Changes.pdfRTG-RTM-Announcement-11.12.19-ENG.pdf

• Thanks 1

Has anyone been keeping track of the train numbers of the cars that have broken down so far? Not necessarily on this forum but in general.

Just wanted to know if there's been any pattern as to whether there are certain "problem" trains or if the mechanical issues have been fairly evenly distributed across all 34 sets.

When the R1 is running where are the vehicles used sourced from if it is outwith peak hours?

I read today that 17 buses were used when the LRT was down, that is a lot of buses and drivers to have sitting around "just in case". Are buses pulled from regular routes when required from the R1 and if so what are the routes affected?