O-Train Line 1 | The Confederation Line

5 hours ago, sseguin said:

Working to post video from today's events.

The End to End ride video is now live.

https://www.otrainfans.ca/news/experience-the-full-confederation-line-through-a-continuous-ride-from-blair-to-tunney-s-pasture-stations

The announcement and technical briefing will follow shortly.

Great video. You deserved the ride with all your hard work and dedication

• Like 1

Thank you Loud-Invero. Much appreciated.

For those wanting to see everything, here is what is currently available on O-Train Fans from yesterday's big news.

End to End Ride (Blair to Tunney's Pasture).
https://www.otrainfans.ca/news/experience-the-full-confederation-line-through-a-continuous-ride-from-blair-to-tunney-s-pasture-stations

City Hall
Announcement and Technical Briefing (as well as the official press release).
https://www.otrainfans.ca/news/get-ready-for-rail-o-train-confederation-line-to-launch-on-september-14

• Like 1

12 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Does anyone know when the STO will be changing it's route to accommodate the LRT?

Will the majority of the buses still be on Albert and Slater as promised?

No clue. I will ask at STO council this coming Thursday.

17 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Does anyone know when the STO will be changing it's route to accommodate the LRT?

Will the majority of the buses still be on Albert and Slater as promised?

In the article stating all the changes coming up they said they'd be waiting until after albert/slater construction.

• Like 1

from what I’ve seen a while back for Ottawa, that work would be done in 2 years from now. There doesn’t seem to be an actual start or end timeline yet just estimates and concept plans for what it could look like. 

Found it : https://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/public-engagement/projects/albert-and-slater-streets-improvement-project

Project timing

Preliminary and detailed design: spring 2019 to winter 2020
Design assignment completion: winter 2020
Construction start: to be determined
Construction completion: to be determined

• octranspobusfreak changed the title to The Confederation Line [Opens September 14, 2019]
2 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Will the Orion VII Hybrids still all be wiped out when the Confederation Line Opens?

The plan is to all along retire the Orion VII after Line 1 (Confederation Line) opens.

That being said, "parallel service" (i.e. existing bus route network and service criteria) will continue to operate until October 5 (unless something terribly goes wrong after Line 1 opens on September 14, and parallel service needs to operate beyond October 5). The new bus route network goes into affect on Sunday, October 6.

I expect the hybrids to remain in service until October 5 at the latest. 

• Like 2

I don't see the Hybrids retiring until sometime in OCT.I still think the Hybrids are way better then the Invero's. I can't comment on mechanical/operation wise that I don't anything about that, but for customers the interior light is far superior then the Invero, the A/.C is far superior then the Invero(at least when your in the rear of the bus you not hot even with the A/C on unlike the Invero), the Destination sign is readable compared to the Invero, and the rear seating is easier to exit then the rear seating on the Invero.

2 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Where did you get this info?

2 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

Please quote your source as theres NOTHING official released yet re any changes to Tunneys Pasture. 

Used my eyes. ;)

8 minutes ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Hes right. Sept 8, new stops at Tunneys and I believe Hurdman also

Thanks, you're the best! :) 

I'm always doing my job, providing news before the website. I'm reliable.

I might get reported for this comment.

1 hour ago, Enviro_1203 said:

Hes right. Sept 8, new stops at Tunneys and I believe Hurdman also

3 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

Where did you get this info?

Found it

20190904_204833.thumb.jpg.1a3a6f19499ef336b2194acdc964738f.jpg

In other news 

It appers someone accidentally enabled the two Ticket machines at the Scott St entrance at Tunneys Pasture.