octranspobusfreak

The Confederation Line [Under Construction]

There is no chance it will be ready by Canada Day

The track isn't even completely laid down on the line yet, signalling has to be installed and tested, stations have to be fitted out, staff (not just drivers) have to be recruited an trained, and crucially a full service has to be run on the system for a period of time for testing before it can be open to the public, I don't even think all the trains are built yet.

2018 is 3 weeks away......I'll predict that the very earliest that the line will be open to the public will be around October but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2019, don't forget #OnTrack2018 was dropped a long time ago in favour of the more obscure #ReadyForRail. If we were going live in little over 6 months the City would be proclaiming the news from the rooftops.

I agree. There's not a chance in hell, it'll be ready for Spring/Summer 2018. Maybe just maybe Fall 2018, but more realistically I see Winter 2018lEarly winter 2019(Jan/Feb)but more likely Spring 2019. They only have half the trains actually built. I 'm not sure if all trains(one's presently built)have been tested fully yet or not? Most of the stations are still not half built, I'm not sure if all staff involed have been fully train or not yet? The fare gates still need to be tested on the line.

The only way this going to open on time is if they rush(and most likely more accidents will occur and this time someone might get killed instead of just being injured).There been to many delays so far that will prevent this open on time.

They just started laying down the track in the tunnels now. Which I definitely think it is going to be a real challenge especially as mentioned, have to ensure the signals and wiring are installed before they can test and train. Especially if there is a situation in the tunnel, they would also need to know evacuation procedures and emergency exits.

If they were so confident in the schedule, they would say something which was originally May 2018. But I don't think there is much confidence especially knowing that they simply said, "we don't commit ourselves to a timeframe." Not really answering the question or saying, "there are more challenges than expected in this large scale design."

55 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

I agree. There's not a chance in hell, it'll be ready for Spring/Summer 2018. Maybe just maybe Fall 2018, but more realistically I see Winter 2018lEarly winter 2019(Jan/Feb)but more likely Spring 2019. They only have half the trains actually built. I 'm not sure if all trains(one's presently built)have been tested fully yet or not? Most of the stations are still not half built, I'm not sure if all staff involed have been fully train or not yet? The fare gates still need to be tested on the line.

The only way this going to open on time is if they rush(and most likely more accidents will occur and this time someone might get killed instead of just being injured).There been to many delays so far that will prevent this open on time.

I think it is very unlikely that it would start in 2019. The lrt is somewhat nearing completion; Stations like Blair, Cyrville, St. Laurent, Tremblay, Hurdman, Lees and uOttawa are actually sort of nearing completion, especially the ones Tremblay eastwards. Also I am sure they have done more then half of the trains as that’s what it was in the spring. Stations west are coming along, with still a decent amount of work to do obviously. The bulk of the work is definently in the tunnel stations and laying the track in the tunnel. This track not being in the tunnel is a pain as it means that they cannot test trains west of the tunnel on the tracks nearing completion there, unless they were to put a train on a truck and put it on the rails there. 

In my guess, the lrt will open fall/early winter 2018.

2 hours ago, Charlie said:

unless they were to put a train on a truck and put it on the rails there. 

In my guess, the lrt will open fall/early winter 2018.

I travel by Tunneys on a daily basis and from what I’ve seen , The guideway is nowhere near ready for any large scale testing.

1 hour ago, andreasv said:

I noticed today that one of the new "Red O" station signs is installed and turned on near the main entrance to the Gloucester Centre.

Tim Tierney also tweeted about it the other day.

I also just came across this tweet from uOttawa where you can hear what the trains sound like!

Nifty.

• Like 3