O-Train Line 1 | The Confederation Line

I was at Tunneys this evening.

I noticed there is a Bilingual announcement that comes on when a train comes to a stop.

It goes something like, a train is arriving, please stand clear of the platform edge. (Repeats in french). 

I also noticed that they are using an orange led type sign on the trains.

Here's an example 

20190321_182844.thumb.jpg.e5b829b4967a961d9fc2f322fc95b2e4.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

I was at Tunneys this evening.

I noticed there is a Bilingual announcement that comes on when a train comes to a stop.

It goes something like, a train is arriving, please stand clear of the platform edge. (Repeats in french). 

I also noticed that they are using an orange led type sign on the trains.

Here's an example 

20190321_182844.thumb.jpg.e5b829b4967a961d9fc2f322fc95b2e4.jpg

The led sign looks like what the Montréal Metro's Azur has for the designation sign

A permanent stop flag has been installed on westbound Scott Street at Bayview Station beside the new bus shelter. It's a thicker post with larger signs, same style as the "O" lanterns. It appears the platform A sign might light up. The other sign is currently blank, and is big enough to fit "16 Westboro/Clearview" many many many many times over.

Tunney's Pasture has a new layout. And a new sign: "Caution: Look both ways before crossing".

• It now loops through the whole station including the unopened platforms. Buses get snarled behind the crosswalk stop signs in the rush hours. But, the queue wasn't too extreme.

37 minutes ago, andreymrklv said:

As far as I understand, all the Сitadis Spirit cars have already been delivered?

All 34 for Stage 1 are complete (as of today, 5 only still need final certification). An additional 4 ordered by the city are being assembled now, and the remaining 34 for Stage 2 will be assembled over the next two years.

• Thanks 1

The nice thing about having the same trains(Line 1 Stage 1/2) is that there assembling them now, which means by the time stage1 is actually up and running, and for what ever reason oC needs more trains they'll have spare at least until stage 2 is up and running?

4 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

The nice thing about having the same trains(Line 1 Stage 1/2) is that there assembling them now, which means by the time stage1 is actually up and running, and for what ever reason oC needs more trains they'll have spare at least until stage 2 is up and running?

The 4 additional vehicles (1135-1138) were purchased and are being assembled well before any of the others for that reason. Unless there's an unprecedented spike in transit usage, they won't need that many more trains.

They may or may not rotate the other trains in and out of service as they are completed and certified just to keep them from sitting in a shed for over 4 years. I would bet that they will.

I have shared the portion of the accompanying news release pertaining to the Confederation Line update from today's FEDCO meeting (a very short line pertaining to the Confederation Line), as well as the audio recording of the meeting (includes Q&A after the update).

The presentation will be posted soon, still waiting to receive it.

https://www.otrainfans.ca/blogs/confederation-line-update-fedco-april-2-2019

I will update here once I get the presentation. Looks like it will be tomorrow...

15 hours ago, sseguin said:

I have shared the portion of the accompanying news release pertaining to the Confederation Line update from today's FEDCO meeting (a very short line pertaining to the Confederation Line), as well as the audio recording of the meeting (includes Q&A after the update).

The presentation will be posted soon, still waiting to receive it.

https://www.otrainfans.ca/blogs/confederation-line-update-fedco-april-2-2019

I will update here once I get the presentation. Looks like it will be tomorrow...

The presentation has now been added to the site. Feel free to check it out!

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:42 PM, OCCheetos said:

The 4 additional vehicles (1135-1138) were purchased and are being assembled well before any of the others for that reason. Unless there's an unprecedented spike in transit usage, they won't need that many more trains.

They may or may not rotate the other trains in and out of service as they are completed and certified just to keep them from sitting in a shed for over 4 years. I would bet that they will.

Does that mean Line 1's Phase 2 will need more than 34 since the original order was for 38 but 4 got taken and into the Phase 1 contract as an addition?

1 hour ago, Cityflyer said:

Does that mean Line 1's Phase 2 will need more than 34 since the original order was for 38 but 4 got taken and into the Phase 1 contract as an addition?

I don't believe so. The 4 were purchased on top of all the other 68 vehicles. IIRC the decision to get 4 more using funding from the PTIF was made after the requirements for Stage 2 were decided on.

Question?

Does anyone know if OC Transpo plans on moving their OC Customer outlet in the Rideau Center on the  second floor near Rideau Street to the Rideau LRT Station once the Station and LRT are running?

OR

Will they just leave it where it is presently?

Not sure which would be more better or easier to get to?

I was wondering if anyone knows where the Alstom Citadis Spirit training simulator / mockup is currently. Is it at the Belfast MSF or at 1500 St. Laurent administration building?

And does it still consist of the same setup it was when it was displayed at Lansdowne, composed of 2 or so modules and the drivers cab?

33 minutes ago, sseguin said:

I was wondering if anyone knows where the Alstom Citadis Spirit training simulator / mockup is currently. Is it at the Belfast MSF or at 1500 St. Laurent administration building?

And does it still consist of the same setup it was when it was displayed at Lansdowne, composed of 2 or so modules and the drivers cab?

It's at 925 Belfast. It was open for Doors Open last year.

I think there's only one module (with the driver's cab, where the Citadis simulator is) and the other end has the LINT simulator.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OCCheetos said:

It's at 925 Belfast. It was open for Doors Open last year.

I think there's only one module (with the driver's cab, where the Citadis simulator is) and the other end has the LINT simulator.

This is correct, the other end has had the LINT simulator integrated into it. In the summer of 2017 I spotted the second module in St. Laurent North, visible when the doors were open. I don't know if it's still there.

5 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

When will the new handover date be announced?

Hopefully we will know on Tuesday, May 7 -- that is the next Finance and Economic Development Committee meeting (FEDCO).

FEDCO has jurisdiction over the LRT Stage 1 and 2 project, not the Transit Commission....

9 hours ago, corynv said:

Does anyone have, or know where i can see, any picture of the OCS at a switch? Specifically the wire that goes between the 2 tracks.

0AC02574-B0DD-4FF0-BC00-AAD1F221B1B0.thumb.jpeg.a7324e418daef95d5330151cb95e41c6.jpegE1432320-CCC1-4DAB-A92B-E9DDA59944C9.thumb.jpeg.9d389099e953e6724ee3cb68b0b531fc.jpeg

At the crossover just west of Tremblay/Riverside Dr. I realize the picture on the right is far out, but it’s the only one I have showing the entire crossover. 

• Thanks 1