O-Train Line 1 | The Confederation Line

22 hours ago, Jason L said:

On another note related to fleet numbers, I'm surprised you guys don't have any table with details on every LRV here like you have for just about every other fleet :)

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Ottawa-Carleton_Regional_Transit_Commission_O-Train_'Confederation_Line' 

I checked out the link, there's a lot of updating needed on that site?

• 3 weeks later...

This evening the next stop displays were being tested along the Confederation Line, showing destination stations and the countdown. The westbound platforms were displays Tunneys Pasture but the eastbound platforms were displaying St. Laurent as the destination.

The City of Ottawa has released to media the following memo in regards to the Confederation Line - Revenue Service Availability date.

RTG states that the Works Schedule will reflect achievement of Revenue Service Availability on or before March 31, 2019.

You can read the two documents that were distributed at the link below for more details. I encourage all to view them to have the complete picture and update on the status of the line.

https://www.otrainfans.ca/blogs/o-train-confederation-line-revenue-service-availability-date-update-on-january-3-2019

The two major points are:

1. As per the attached documentation, RTG has advised the City that it will achieve RSA on or before March 31, 2019. Staff will continue to monitor RTG's progress against their RSA date.
  2. The RSA date is not the date that service is launched to passengers. It is expected that Confederation Line service would be launched within one month of achieving the RSA date. 
  • Thanks 1

The construction hoarding for the interior entrance to Lyon Station from Place de Ville underground concourse has been down for several months now, but the windows had been covered by white paper and cardboard. No longer.

I posted some pictures on O-Train Fans here : https://www.otrainfans.ca/forum/topic/9-o-train-daily-observations-and-spottings/?do=findComment&comment=382

Very interesting layout, and great to see things wrapping up here and there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sseguin said:

Big update today on O-Train Fans.

Snapshots of

Lots of excellent progress being made. Mostly finishing left from what I can see.

had the opportunity to go onto the platform at U of Ottawa Station for work, overall it looks finished just some cosmetic finishes left it seems.

Also the next train signs are working and are displaying real-time next train arrivals today.

Another Big update today on O-Train Fans.

Snapshots of

And there you have it, between today and yesterday, all new updates for all 13 stations of the Confederation Line.

When you take the time to visit all the stations, you can definitely see some work still needing to be done. But overall, I do believe without any doubt that March is easily within reach. Trains will be boarding shortly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, andreasv said:

Anyone else notice that the fourth picture down on this page https://www.otrainfans.ca/blogs/snapshot-update-for-lees-station-january-10-2019 the station area map (and 560 number) are for Hurdman, not Lees?

Edit: Fixed link

The "23" looks to be poorly written in. Good catch!

• 1 month later...

Ready for rail March 31? YAH RIGHT? ? I don't think so. Heck even the Mayor & head of OC don't think  even they'll meet the date? 

Problems with the trains

Can't even get 12 consecutive days with two coupled trains tested From Blair to Tunney's?

Don't see it happening March the 31, Maybe June/July 31.

3 hours ago, CanadaGoose said:

We have some of our trains here and ready. There is still an outstanding amount.

That's the same as Kitchener, then.

The difference between the two situations then is that Ottawa's is caused by a third-party - RTG - whereas in Kitchener it is due to the Region not ordering the required parts early enough to meet their own timeframe.

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

Some differences...overall length, dual cabs, and doors on both sides being obvious ones. 

Smallspy may have particulars on any unseen nut and bolt changes.

Length is very close, but the width is different by a couple of inches. As well, the cars for the legacy system are designed to handle much tighter curves, whereas the Flexity Freedoms (and Citadis Spirits) are designed for a more-common LRT standard of about 25 meter radius.

There's other differences such as things like voltage (600V versus 750V) and the fact that the Freedoms are MU-capable, but now we're quite literally getting into the bolts.

Dan

• Thanks 1