O-Train Line 1 | The Confederation Line

8 minutes ago, tomsbuspage said:

The map has been updated to reflect the upcoming changes in Barrhaven, adding route 275 and changing route 278, along with any route changes since September.

Ah, I see.

I also just noticed they changed the STO routing on the map to show certain trips going via the Macdonald-Cartier bridge.

17 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

Went by Tunneys Pasture this evening and noticed the secand faregate entrance is taking shape. 

20181207_204914.thumb.jpg.fb896aef8b1e650e8e5175d9052d2def.jpg

When completed this and the other entrance by the DND building will allow access to the bus loop when the main building/lrt is closed. 

That’s going to be faregates?!?! Where is the enclosure? And only 50 meters away from the other entrance?

3 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Question: Why are the LRVs numbered 11XX, I feel like I recall this being talked about previously but I cannot find the discussion. Even if someone were to redirect me to that, that would be great.

My guess is because they're calling the line, "line 1" so they want the fleet numbers to be in the 1100's.

1 hour ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

My guess is because they're calling the line, "line 1" so they want the fleet numbers to be in the 1100's.

Well if this indeed the case it would only make sense to renumber the Coradia DMUs for line 2 to, say, 2101-2107. Maybe they would do that once the FLIRTs arrive and get numbered 2200 onwards.

I know someone suggested (idk if it's true or not) that the streetcars ottawa used to have were in series, that 9xx 8xx and the most recent ones being 10xx. So maybe they're continuing that with the line?

Something I thought of, though not sure how sound it is, when did the trains start being built, or when was the contract for the trains signed? If either of things werein 2011, maybe they're going to be fleeting them like OC transpo used to do for buses, and what STO currently does?

1 hour ago, corynv said:

I know someone suggested (idk if it's true or not) that the streetcars ottawa used to have were in series, that 9xx 8xx and the most recent ones being 10xx. So maybe they're continuing that with the line?

Something I thought of, though not sure how sound it is, when did the trains start being built, or when was the contract for the trains signed? If either of things werein 2011, maybe they're going to be fleeting them like OC transpo used to do for buses, and what STO currently does?

The contracts weren't signed until 2013.

5 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Well if this indeed the case it would only make sense to renumber the Coradia DMUs for line 2 to, say, 2101-2107. Maybe they would do that once the FLIRTs arrive and get numbered 2200 onwards.

The Trillium Line runs under Capital Railway which might explain the different numbering system. I don't feel like they'll change it. My bet is the FLIRTs will be numbered C10-C16. But why bother with numbers when we can call them by their names? Right? ?

8 hours ago, Charlie said:

Question: Why are the LRVs numbered 11XX, I feel like I recall this being talked about previously but I cannot find the discussion. Even if someone were to redirect me to that, that would be great.

Are you a certain train-oriented Ottawa twitter account? This looks familiar XD

On 12/7/2018 at 10:04 PM, Oc4526 said:

Went by Tunneys Pasture this evening and noticed the secand faregate entrance is taking shape. 

20181207_204914.thumb.jpg.fb896aef8b1e650e8e5175d9052d2def.jpg

When completed this and the other entrance by the DND building will allow access to the bus loop when the main building/lrt is closed. 

I don’t think there’s going to be fare gates there, just a door they might unlock at night. I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see where they would put them considering the whole entrance looks nothing like the rendering.

9CDBAC7E-5425-402A-9D1A-9C4399BE367A.jpeg

D51D2EC3-4050-4BA3-A931-812A87BA765D.jpeg