Skytrain Etiquette

BCPublicTransitFan

I've found a whole bunch of bad habits on Skytrain- here's a list of etiquette I've assembled together from this list. Note: These etiquette also apply to not only skytrain, but also any other form of public transportation.

1. Please try to not use MP3 devices or keep the volume lower for two reasons 1. Not everyone wants to hear your music 2. You can here the people around you.
  2. Please do not block the doors, that is really annoying.
  3. Please do not put your bag on the seats unless the train (or bus) is quite empty. Take your bag off the seat when the bus fills up.
  4. Priority Seating is for those who need it, please vacate when required
  5. Please do not open windows in newer Skytrain cars (Mark II and Canada Line) when it clearly says "Air Conditioned Car. Open Window in Emergencies Only" on the windows.

​This is a draft copy, I will make a PDF of it sometime later. Feel free to add to this.

People on this board probably have the best Transit Etiquette anywhere in the world. It is, after all, just basic common sense and good manners. I don't think there is a need to post etiquette here.

Most of them at least. I've seen some bragging that they willingly don't observe signs like "air conditioned car, open in emergencies only" so I think it's perfectly acceptable to have this thread here. :)

Though I guess if someone's as interested in transit as the population of this board and also willing to proudly talk about how they don't care for rules they don't believe in a transit etiquette thread probably won't do anything for them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Is it looked down upon to revive an old thread? If it shouldn't be revived comments shouldn't be allowed to be left then, after the thread is 6 months or older with no activity on it. Also if it's not a thread that you dont want to see again for some reason then don't open it. If it really is't a good thread or is not needed, administration will remove it, i bbelieve.

I haven't read it before and I found a comment that was quite funny, so I left a "hahaha". That comment 3 years from now, i'd likely find funny still, it just so happens that I found only after 6 months

In some cases the reviving of old threads is necessary (supposing we found a D40 or MCI Classic that we assumed was scrapped or something) but in this case this thread should never have even been created in the first place - that's there the rub lies, methinks.

Is it looked down upon to revive an old thread? If it shouldn't be revived comments shouldn't be allowed to be left then, after the thread is 6 months or older with no activity on it. Also if it's not a thread that you dont want to see again for some reason then don't open it. If it really is't a good thread or is not needed, administration will remove it, i bbelieve.

I haven't read it before and I found a comment that was quite funny, so I left a "hahaha". That comment 3 years from now, i'd likely find funny still, it just so happens that I found only after 6 months

Your thread bump would not have been frowned upon had you had something worthwhile to contribute.