Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghYHZ

It’s “Tri-Maritime” – New Intercity Network for NS, NB & PEI

10 posts in this topic

Tri-Maritime Bus Network Inc will be the new intercity operator in the Maritimes when Acadian abandons their routes on December 1. But for now.......a shot of an Orleans vehicle operating the morning Acadian run from the Annapolis Valley into Halifax at Windsor NS today (Oct 27).

IMG_1273.JPG

That provision for operators of smaller vehicles to not need a operating authority is a gaping huge hole in the regulations. If i was was operating scheduled bus service in Nova Scotia I would be screaming blue murder until that loophole was closed.

Maritime Bus Service(Trius Tours) out of PEI will take over Acadian service Dec.1! HOwever they will not take over everything Acadian currently runs. 80% of the route network at least they will have. And Maritime Bus is a company that thinks outside the box, they said if they only need a 24 pass bus for a route thats all they will use, no use using a large bus if u dont need it! Wish they were that way out west, much more economical to run a smaller vehicle on a less travelled run!

So to confirm, only Acadien is shutting down, Orleans Express is still in full service correct?

So to confirm, only Acadien is shutting down, Orleans Express is still in full service correct?

Yes Orleans is still the same in Quebec

And I do see that Maritime Bus is also Interlining Freight with Greyhound so u can still ship a package to the Maritimes.

And I do see that Maritime Bus is also Interlining Freight with Greyhound so u can still ship a package to the Maritimes.

Should be the same what Acadien/Orleans was doing correct?

Should be the same what Acadien/Orleans was doing correct?

Yep Im pretty sure its the same or pretty close to it.