13 hours ago, tomsbuspage said:

I want to say yes, but then there's the question about Connecticut Transit's TMCI Classics from the 1990s.  Unfortunately, Google is failing me at the moment...

EDIT: I found a photo of a TMCI builders plate and the VIN starts with 2, so all Classics were indeed built in Canada.

See this page. It has some VINs from that order, however in the VIN explanation page for MCI, the prefix (2AU) is missing.

Edit: Carfax says it's a 1990 MCI bus

Edited by Imgursdownvote4love
  • Thanks 1

How likely would 2290 and 2291 (then numbered 8790 and 8791) would have crossed paths with Lansdowne trolleybus routes? The reason I'm asking is that I wonder if they would have crossed paths with BBC 9189 (Edmonton 189).

13 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

How likely would 2290 and 2291 (then numbered 8790 and 8791) would have crossed paths with Lansdowne trolleybus routes? The reason I'm asking is that I wonder if they would have crossed paths with BBC 9189 (Edmonton 189).

Most likely at some point? 8790 was out of Malvern during this time period, and they possibly, could've intersected. All three are in the UK right now.

1 hour ago, Orion VI said:

Most likely at some point? 8790 was out of Malvern during this time period, and they possibly, could've intersected. All three are in the UK right now.

I'm well aware they're all in the UK so if they ever brought 2290 or 2291 to Sandtoft for a reunion with 189.

2 hours ago, Orion VI said:

1 hour ago, Tom1122 said:

I'm well aware they're all in the UK so if they ever brought 2290 or 2291 to Sandtoft for a reunion with 189.

2290 and 2291 are in Ireland, not the UK.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TransitfanJW said:

2290 and 2291 are in Ireland, not the UK.

Same difference, know-it-all.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Orion VI said:

I challenge you to hold a sign stating that, and walk the streets of Dublin for an afternoon...and survive.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, Orion VI said:

Yeah?  So how come so many Brits have been trying to see if they have enough family connections to Ireland to meet Irish passport eligibility requirements to skate around Brexit?  How come they use Euros in Ireland and not Sterling?  How come the UK passports specifically say "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" to differentiate between Ireland?

Do you think Canadians and Americans are the same thing too?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

When I was in high school I would routinely tell people I was from Slovakia only for them to insist that I was from Russia or Ukraine, or that there was no difference between the three. This sadly rings true!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

I challenge you to hold a sign stating that, and walk the streets of Dublin for an afternoon...and survive.

Savage