13 hours ago, Downsview 108 said:

Damn. I had no idea 2151 went to Eglinton. I remember it when it was at Arrow. I also remember when it was in Malvern's dead line as 8073 along with 8075. 

2150-2154 were moved to Malvern around 2003-2004.  2155 never made it.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone else feel obscenely old at the prospect that some of these new kiddies were probably only a couple of years old when the New Looks were retired? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Does anyone else feel obscenely old at the prospect that some of these new kiddies were probably only a couple of years old when the New Looks were retired? 

Not exactly TTC reminiscing... but I remember when the New Looks were NEW in Edmonton.  Now THAT'S old.  LOL.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

GMC Newlook 8774 before the Novabus was reconsidered. 

9 hours ago, HB_1024 said:

So I guess the words "in 2003" don't mean anything?

My bad I was super tired when I made that post, and was in my own world.

I have seen pictures of 8058 in a CLRV livery in the past.  I have never seen pictures in a maroon & cream livery.  Does anyone have any pictures of 8058 in maroon & cream livery?  If that person has all three liveries of 8058 that person is one lucky person!  Also, does anyone have pictures of 8909 in a white zoo bus ad in the early 1990's.  I have seen the green 8726 before and it's all over on Flickr.  Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2018 at 8:02 PM, smallspy said:

Indeed, if I didn't know any better I'd swear that there were three roof hatches on that Grey Coach bus. Due to the lack of exit door, perhaps?

Dan

Another closer view of those roof hatches seem to confirm  that suspicion.

Gray Airlines.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

1150930559_GrayAirlines.thumb.jpg.bb43a2dc8a0acc6925d861682a51a902.jpg

Well, that is interesting.

I guess the question now becomes - was this a specific Grey Coach option, or was it standard for all suburbans past a certain date?

Dan

On 3/24/2018 at 8:02 PM, smallspy said:

Indeed, if I didn't know any better I'd swear that there were three roof hatches on that Grey Coach bus. Due to the lack of exit door, perhaps?

Dan

16 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Gray Airlines.jpg

3 hours ago, smallspy said:

Well, that is interesting.

I guess the question now becomes - was this a specific Grey Coach option, or was it standard for all suburbans past a certain date?

Dan

Looking at these two buses, it looks as if they were standard on the S8M-5304A coaches, or at least the skylight version was:

http://gmbus.com/143.htm

http://gmbus.com/6051.htm

There also appeared to be two roof hatches on the S6H-4504A coaches:

http://gmbus.com/96.htm

The roof hatches do not appear to have been used on the suburban coaches before 1972.

7 minutes ago, tomsbuspage said:

The roof hatches do not appear to have been used on the suburban coaches before 1972.

My research has not been conclusive by any means, but it does also seem that at least quite a few of the suburbans built prior to about 1972 appear to have two side emergency exit doors - one on each side. And that certainly does make sense as it parallels the production of the transit versions, and the changeover from the closed-side emergency exit door to the roof hatches.

Dan

• Thanks 1

I think I may have asked a similar question way back, but did not have a proper photo to explain what I was talking about. This is from Edmonton Transit 189, a BBC Trolleybus donated to Sandtoft Trolleybus museum in the UK.  I don't recall any TTC buses with that air vent feature, but I definitely recall a couple of Oshawa Transit buses with this feature, any idea what it was for? Is it a vent or intake? Image result for sandtoft trolleybus museum edmonton

6 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

I think I may have asked a similar question way back, but did not have a proper photo to explain what I was talking about. This is from Edmonton Transit 189, a BBC Trolleybus donated to Sandtoft Trolleybus museum in the UK.  I don't recall any TTC buses with that air vent feature, but I definitely recall a couple of Oshawa Transit buses with this feature, any idea what it was for? Is it a vent or intake? Image result for sandtoft trolleybus museum edmonton

The 1975 order was on the external rear right side panel (looked similar to the muffler pipe housing). The year or so after, the air intake vent was run through that area with a rounded cover piece screwed to the body.