• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How likely would 2290 and 2291 (then numbered 8790 and 8791) would have crossed paths with Lansdowne trolleybus routes? The reason I'm asking is that I wonder if they would have crossed paths with BBC 9189 (Edmonton 189).

13 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

How likely would 2290 and 2291 (then numbered 8790 and 8791) would have crossed paths with Lansdowne trolleybus routes? The reason I'm asking is that I wonder if they would have crossed paths with BBC 9189 (Edmonton 189).

Most likely at some point? 8790 was out of Malvern during this time period, and they possibly, could've intersected. All three are in the UK right now.

1 hour ago, Orion VI said:

Most likely at some point? 8790 was out of Malvern during this time period, and they possibly, could've intersected. All three are in the UK right now.

I'm well aware they're all in the UK so if they ever brought 2290 or 2291 to Sandtoft for a reunion with 189.

2 hours ago, Orion VI said:

1 hour ago, Tom1122 said:

I'm well aware they're all in the UK so if they ever brought 2290 or 2291 to Sandtoft for a reunion with 189.

2290 and 2291 are in Ireland, not the UK.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Orion VI said:

Same difference, know-it-all.

Yeah?  So how come so many Brits have been trying to see if they have enough family connections to Ireland to meet Irish passport eligibility requirements to skate around Brexit?  How come they use Euros in Ireland and not Sterling?  How come the UK passports specifically say "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" to differentiate between Ireland?

Do you think Canadians and Americans are the same thing too?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

When I was in high school I would routinely tell people I was from Slovakia only for them to insist that I was from Russia or Ukraine, or that there was no difference between the three. This sadly rings true!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I have a few questions about TTC GM 8058:

(1) When did this bus retired from TTC?  According to CPTDB WIKI and my earlier notes, this bus was retired in November 2004 (29 years).  Other websites stated November 2005 (30 years).  Which ones are right?

(2) After retirement, when did this bus arrived at HCRR?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, TTCNLFBT said:

I have a few questions about TTC GM 8058:

(1) When did this bus retired from TTC?  According to CPTDB WIKI and my earlier notes, this bus was retired in November 2004 (29 years).  Other websites stated November 2005 (30 years).  Which ones are right?

(2) After retirement, when did this bus arrived at HCRR?

Thanks.

8058 retired in late 2004. It arrived at HCRR some point in late spring-early summer 2005.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

Does anyone know what was the last fishbowl to be retired that did NOT undergo the life extension in 2009/2010?

If it was non rebuilt 8058. 

If it was rebuilt (fleet number changed): 2419.  According to my notes I rode this unit on February 7, 2011 on the 52 Lawrence West.  Other buses were LEP: 2265, 2280 & 2434 that were on the route.  LEP 2252 & 2402 were at Lawrence West Stn. 

• 4 weeks later...

AMAZING shot of old 8068 back in the 70s. This bus was the last rollsign GM out of Arrow Rd. division and was retired back in '99. I remember visiting it at the garage back then and I noticed that the side sign was a Birchmount division sign while the front was an Arrow sign. So it seems it spent a lifetime at Birchmount.

Source: Transit Toronto

ttc%208068-st-clair-brimley-looking-east

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...