Pretty sure they'll be rusting by then.

Next 3 years, they refurbish all 691 hybrids. Then 8100-8219. Then could do all 97 8300s in a year. So you're talking about 2022-23?

If they've lasted this long sitting stagnant inside Davenport, which isnt exactly ideal conditions, they'd probably last till then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

8058 has returned to the TTC.

Edit: 2252, 2444 and the parts unit 2345 are parked by the bus repair area at the westside of Harvey shop.

It was mentioned in another group the TTC bought back 8058 from HCRR to eventually restore it by easter 2016 in maroon and cream. I can only hope that this is true.

It was mentioned in another group the TTC bought back 8058 from HCRR to eventually restore it by easter 2016 in maroon and cream. I can only hope that this is true.

Did the person who said this post any kind of source? That would be huge, although with a transit authority like the TTC I can't really believe that this would happen. It sounds more like the rumors that foamers spread in the Youtube comments :(

x2

trying to compare a 1996 Orion V with a 1975 Fishbowl? Does he know what he is talking about? What a kybosh idiot................

No he wasn't trying to compare it with a Orion V. He's just asking why they didn't save it. It's his personal opinion, no need to insult someone for that..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For fuck sake, I agree the Fishbowls are far more an iconic bus in NA but you do realize we have 2 GMs already in storage. Preservation is also about the variety of collection not just all the same thing. Additionally, Orion Vs are the last Toronto high floor buses so they hold that signifance. Why not have both GM and a V? In no way did I said that GMs are shit or one is better than the other.

For fuck sake, I agree the Fishbowls are far more an iconic bus in NA but you do realize we have 2 GMs already in storage. Preservation is also about the variety of collection not just all the same thing. Additionally, Orion Vs are the last Toronto high floor buses so they hold that signifance. Why not have both GM and a V? In no way did I said that GMs are shit or one is better than the other.

So? He still has the right to express his opinion. Although Brad doesn't have a say to it, he could forward it to the right department..

By all means, he is entitled to his opinion. But, Jesus H. Christ, there's a proper way of inquiring about things instead of posing a super hostile and aggressive question like a friggin angry kybosh kid.

So? He still has the right to express his opinion. Although Brad doesn't have a say to it, he could forward it to the right department..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You say he has the right to express his opinion despite the hostility in it, and that's all well and good. But why would you condemn other posters for responding in the same manner? They're only returning what he's dishing out. You can see how it's a slippery slope.

Put it this way, if a politician screws something up, or does something that is contrary to what they said before, and the news reports it, would you be hostile towards the news reporter? Didn't think so.

I also wonder how many people would be advocating for an RTS to be preserved if the original plan had gone through and the Orion Vs were retired before the RTSes. We all know what the most common opinions on those buses are...

What's the point of preserving an Orion V or RTS when they are already in deteriorating conditions?

Would you rather have 3 fishbowls or 2 fishbowls and a V in the scrapyard in a decade? Clearly the GMs are far easier to maintain with parts available or can be manufactured in house. Before you burst out your immature comments showing your stupidity, think about what happened down the road. If you have one V and one RTS that need proprietary parts, how are you going to replace it when it's not available. Even if ttc can manufacture one in house, it's probably illegal as it's registered under a patent. Restoring a fishbowl is cheaper than a V plus it's has a higher importance. The chances of getting funds to restore a V is much lower. Stop being naive.

I wasn't the one who posted in the thread anyways and its nobody's fault. I'm not blaming anyone, this happens to be a misunderstanding. In no way did I mean to be "hostile", everyone of you happened to take it the wrong way and thats understanding based on the title of this thread. I was just asking a simple question, thats all the tweet was about. Again, I wasn't asserting that one bus is better than the other or that TTC should restore an Orion V over a GM bus. Secondly, I am not trying to get attention or to start an essay of arguments, I would've posted the link directly if I were to. Plus I'm not stupid enough to post it in a thread like this either, my friend just wanted to share but lets not get him involved, this does not have to escalate any further. A reasonable explanation of such restoration was what I was looking. Proprietary parts and costs are the factors of not restoring a V, okay seems reasonable enough won't argue that. I was told by Brad that Vs aren't being restored due to limited space, so I became curious how they planned to restore another GM. Its as simple as that. However, to lash out on somebody (which happens to be me) by calling him a kybosh idiot, stupid, or naive is completely ignorant. Besides, those calling out the insults are making themselves look stupid and arrogant so keep it up. I do not appreciate insults, explanations are much more educated and appreciated. I've deleted the tweet in case any of you want to take this further and spread it. Or if that helps soothe this unfortunate situation, then your very welcome. I'm done with this convo.