roeco

TOFINO BUS....on Vancouver Island

logo.png Check out this company..applying to pickup the Campbell River to Nanaimo service...plus more....Check it out.

reservation_button.png

support-new-routes.jpg

News & Events

Your West Coast Connection...

Book online and save!

Tofino Bus is applying for a daily bus route between Campbell River, Courtenay, Nanaimo and Victoria. Click here for more details.

New bus routes require approval from the Passenger Transportation Board of BC.

To show your support for this new route, please comment on when and how often you would use the new bus route below.

You can also email your comments to support@tofinobus.com.

Thank you for your support.

Your comments may be treated as a public document as part of the Passenger Transportation Board's licence application process.

Copyright © 2006-2012 Tofino Bus - Island Express. All Rights Reserved.

Site Designed by Studio Tofino in Tofino. Login.

I think they will do very well on this run, If Greyhound doesnt want to run it, so be it. But with Tofino bus stepping up to want the service, why not let them do it. Same schedule pretty much, so thats sweet. And Tofino bus will exceed everyone;s expectations as they did when they took over Port Alberni, Greyhound said it wasnt makin money, well for Tofino bus it does make money or they wouldnt still have it!

Tofino bus seems to have done very well for itself...They have also re worked their schedule in the last year to incorporate a 4th Nanaimo to Victoria bus into the existing Greyhound offerings..Its kinda funny that Tofino bus competes as well as interlines with Greyhound now as they are Now Allowed to pickup/drop off passengers in Nanaimo on their Port Alberni-Nanaimo-Victoria route in both directions where before they were restricted In Nanaimo! And Tofino bus as a smaller operator Can make the run work with lower operating costs.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2014 at 6:09 PM, translink fan said:

Looks like Tofino no longer has the J4500 any more? Stumbled onto Western Bus Repair's website and saw it for sale...

http://www.westernbus.ca/html/sales-coaches.htm

Is that J4500 still for sale? It does not appear to have been "SOLD".

Tofino has an ex-Greyhound Canada G4500 spotted running on the Island. They also have ex-Greyhound 102D3 Silversides that still have the dog-pattern Amaya Patriot PT seats.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 5:28 PM, Swadian said:

Is that J4500 still for sale? It does not appear to have been "SOLD".

Tofino has an ex-Greyhound Canada G4500 spotted running on the Island. They also have ex-Greyhound 102D3 Silversides that still have the dog-pattern Amaya Patriot PT seats.

I wonder which ex Greyhound TBS has?? Im thinkin maybe some of Greyhound's ex Island coaches?? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roeco said:

I wonder which ex Greyhound TBS has?? Im thinkin maybe some of Greyhound's ex Island coaches?? 

#1194 and #1203 were for sale at Vancouver. They have now been sold.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:56 PM, Swadian said:

#1194 and #1203 were for sale at Vancouver. They have now been sold.

Oh I assumed all the G's we're scrapped?? Didn't know they had some for sale? Were those the only two that were for sale?

6 hours ago, roeco said:

Oh I assumed all the G's we're scrapped?? Didn't know they had some for sale? Were those the only two that were for sale?

They had a buttload that were for sale. I don't have the complete list of sales, but I know GLC sold #1194 and #1203, and GLI sold #7037, #7042, #7054, #7059, #7061, #7062, #7063, #7065, #7067, #7068, #7070, #7076, #7077, #7078, #7093, #7139, #7258, #7278, and #7282. Also, Americanos #60678 and #60688. They probably sold many more.

If you wish, we can continue the discussion on the Buses for Sale thread or one of the Greyhound threads, as this is somewhat off-topic for Tofino.

I wonder if eventually we will c Tofino Bus takeover all of Greyhound's service on the Island too...? I just cant see it feasible for Greyhound to run the 3 trips a day it does between Nanaimo and Victoria.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2017 at 10:29 PM, roeco said:

I wonder if eventually we will c Tofino Bus takeover all of Greyhound's service on the Island too...? I just cant see it feasible for Greyhound to run the 3 trips a day it does between Nanaimo and Victoria.

True Greyhound could just make them a connection/interline partner for the Island and let them run the service for them.

Tofino Bus is already an Interline partner on the Island, they carry Greyhound freight, accept Greyhound tickets, stop at Greyhound agencies and are on Greyhound extranet schedule site, They also operate the Vancouver Bus Depot to Horseshoe Bay shuttle 4 times a day. So for TBS to take over all the rest of the Island they dont have would be a no brainer. Greyhound has only 3 coaches on the Island all serviced at Tofino Bus maintenance facility in Nanaimo. Also TBS has moved the Campbell RIver and Port Hardy agencies. The only difference on VIctoria to Nanaimo corridor is TBS does Express runs only and has limited service to Duncan. Between Greyhound's 3 daily trips and TBS 2 daily and an extra Fri/Sun trip their is 5-6 trips a day on that corridor. Plus TBS does not run coaches exclusively.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2017 at 8:29 PM, roeco said:

Well this may soon become reality...as Greyhound will apply to drop All their Vancouver Island Service...not like they run alot anyway Victoria to Nanaimo..which combined with Tofino Bus equals 6 daily runs. So its not a surprise that TBS will now operate the entire Vancouver Island bus service on their own and really I think TBS will do so much better on the island than Greyhound ever did, they seem to have done quite well so far. Local company with Local decisions and lower operting costs. 

On 8/24/2017 at 5:44 PM, Swadian said:

Former Greyhound Canada #1243 is now running for Tofino. (not my photo)

T 51 ex Greyhound 1243 in Campbell River BC

In Campbell River

On 8/26/2017 at 8:19 PM, roeco said:

In Campbell River

Maybe the two will be much happier with Tofino ....especially out of the North and winters!