GRT New Flyer Xcelsiors

Not sure if I should have started an 'Ion BRT' thread or not for this, but GRT released preliminary artwork for the Ion-painted Xcelsiors coming in 2017.

Thats some serious eye candy!

Anyone know who else has Xcelsiors with top mounted mirrors? I don't. And I love the color matched bumpers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That would make sense. No service expansions are planned for 2016, and GRT has a pretty young fleet (compared to other major Ontario cities) so there shouldn't be any serious retirements happening either.

Now 2017 will be a different story. Lots of route changes - provided the ION trains actually start up in the fall of course.

There would be 9 expansion buses required for Conestoga College service expansion if U-Pass is approved by Regional Council. Service will start September 2016 but delivery of new buses is not expected around December, so expect to see retired buses coming back into service in September.

http://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/regionalGovernment/resources/Budget/2016_Budget_Issue_Papers.pdf (Page 57)

Oh ya, I forgot they wanted to set up a BusPlus route into the Hanson Industrial Park due to child services being in there.

In other news, photo evidence of Xcelsiors working in Cambridge today. That's 21315 on the 52, and the 21520 on the 59 Christopher route. Sorry for the photo quality, I parked off Main St and walked onto the Ainsle platform to try to frame both buses with my phone before they took off. Considering it's Sunday, the Cambridge garage must be full of Novas, so GRT is obviously testing New Flyers here now.

IMG_20151206_144358.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

all 216xx order cancelled only new buses will be bus plus.

How is that possible? We still have a certain number of buses that we will have to receive from New Flyer for this year under the existing contract..
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TTC 9701 said:

Can you define different livery please?

liv·er·y1
ˈliv(ə)rē/
noun
noun: livery; plural noun: liveries
  1. 1.
    special uniform worn by a servant or official.
    • a special design and color scheme used on the vehicles, aircraft, or products of a particular company.
  2. 2.
    NORTH AMERICAN
    short for livery stable.
  3. 3.
    (in the UK) the members of a livery company collectively.
  4. 4.
    historical
    a provision of food or clothing for servants.
7 hours ago, Rick O'Shay said:
liv·er·y1
ˈliv(ə)rē/
noun
noun: livery; plural noun: liveries
  1. 1.
    special uniform worn by a servant or official.
    • a special design and color scheme used on the vehicles, aircraft, or products of a particular company.
  2. 2.
    NORTH AMERICAN
    short for livery stable.
  3. 3.
    (in the UK) the members of a livery company collectively.
  4. 4.
    historical
    a provision of food or clothing for servants.

You made my night! Thank you!!! LMAO!

2 hours ago, Streety McCarface said:

Instead of the usual blue, it's black, the seat is cushioned, and there's a big yellow bar at the side. 

So a black stripe instead of blue. Sounds like a visit will soon be needed!