GRT New Flyer Xcelsiors

Number12

So its 4 weeks to service expansion time and apparently no new Xcelsior deliveries yet. Since the maintenance forces need a few weeks to go through the new deliveries and certify/safety them, equip them with fareboxes, hardware, etc; I hope for GRT's sake these 14 buses arrive soon. They may regret retiring 8530 and 8531.

The fact that 536 and 537 are still being used, and 2300's are showing up on 200 Ixpress buses - all during the summer schedule (when service is at a minimum) leads me to think that, no, it won't be OK when the service expansion hits the fan.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this info from a reliable source.

21511 to 21524 are all delivered and will be running when full Fall service begins Sept 8th.

Sadly, 536, 537 (not surprising) and 2201 (surprisingly) are retired. All have had their fareboxes and radios removed (probably recycled into the newest Xcelsiors).

Ouuuuu... a 2002 Flyer dead already...

I know, I asked about that number twice to make sure.

Also stated that the front door glass was shattered, so maybe it was in some sort of altercation and GRT decided to retire it early?

Weird anyway since all the 2200's were rebuilt not that long ago.

• 1 month later...

Posting in order to help provide some activity around here.

21510 was on the 56 - Dunbar in Cambridge the other week, running for the full day. 21315 was on the 52 route a few days ago, and is apparently still at the Cambridge garage. A few Xcelsiors are also regularily assigned on the 200 Ixpress everyday. I get the feeling the days of Cambridge having nothing but Novas assigned there may be nearing an end.

Posting in order to help provide some activity around here.

21510 was on the 56 - Dunbar in Cambridge the other week, running for the full day. 21315 was on the 52 route a few days ago, and is apparently still at the Cambridge garage. A few Xcelsiors are also regularily assigned on the 200 Ixpress everyday. I get the feeling the days of Cambridge having nothing but Novas assigned there may be nearing an end.

I was on 21315 on the 1 today, so I don't think that it is still in Cambridge. Also, I have never understood why Cambridge only has Nova's, did they boycott any other bus or something along that line? I just find it to be ridiculous how the last time they got new buses was in 2010...

I was on 21315 on the 1 today, so I don't think that it is still in Cambridge. Also, I have never understood why Cambridge only has Nova's, did they boycott any other bus or something along that line? I just find it to be ridiculous how the last time they got new buses was in 2010...

Simply put, they want to standardize the fleet in Cambridge. Hence why it's all Novas up there.