GRT New Flyer Xcelsiors

Number12

That's something I was wondering too, the ION logo is'nt even on the rear of the bus? Granted it might say ION/200 or something to that effect(if im incorrect, bear with me lol)  on the rear sign but you would think the actual bus would say ION somewhere on the back.

Unless they're not finished with the decals/exterior of the bus yet?

Quite possible that they're not done. Those current decals went on some time in the day or two before the shoot. Heck, they're such recent arrivals the mechanics might not yet have even signed off on accepting them.

I agree that it needs a bit more. A nice big "ion" on the back of the bus might even help ridership a pinch as car drivers on the 401 wonder "What's Ion?" and perhaps give the LRT/BRT a try for their commute.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/22/2018 at 11:09 AM, Transit 20 said:

21701-21702-21703-21704 have been sent to cambridge these are the first new flyers for cambridge 

There are seven XD40s there. Those are 21701-21706 and 21721.

Oh and the current batch from 21719 onwards have Voith D864.6 transmissions as confirmed by me earlier today. 

23 minutes ago, Chris W said:

There are seven XD40s there. Those are 21701-21706 and 21721.

Oh and the current batch from 21719 onwards have Voith D864.6 transmissions as confirmed by me earlier today. 

Why the change in transmission? Also, the buses that around 21724+ seem to have different engines. Can anyone confirm?

All new XD40s have the Cummins L9, which is the newest evolution of the heavy duty bus engine. It was definitely a surprise to hear the familiar Voith whine on 21731. I had to walk over to the bus and look at the transmission selector buttons to make sure.