GRT New Flyer Xcelsiors

Number12

• 1 month later...

They are only re-routing the iXpress to use the future ION stops in Cambridge. I don't believe there will be any signage at all or route name change until the streetcar hits the rails. This is GRT and the Region of Waterloo we are talking about... It must be done the slowest, stupidest and expensive way possible

The intention is to interline ION with iXpress at Fairview, so logically they would use regular GRT buses to avoid confusion between the two.

Logically.

^^ this guy gets it

This is GRT and the Region of Waterloo we are talking about... It must be done the slowest, stupidest and expensive way possible

Every topic in this subforum ought to be called "Whining about [subject]". According to y'all, regardless of the topic, GRT / Waterloo Region does it worse than anyone else.

Second vote right here - we are just exposing the truth

The truth of your cynicism, yes. The truth of how "GRT / the Region is the worst at X" requires some solid comparison to other transit agencies and municipalities. I've seen lots of complaining, but not much of that.

Expand your horizons. There is Greyhound, GO, Coach Canada and rideshare programs to get you out the region for a day to see the comparison for yourself.

Should I go to Hamilton and see how much better they are at growing ridership? Maybe I should go to Guelph and see how well their transit network redesign worked? Perhaps I should go to Toronto and see how long it takes them to decide to make any changes at all?

There's plenty of cities doing some things better than GRT, but pretending that GRT is the worst at everything isn't correct and isn't useful.

• 4 weeks later...