GRT New Flyer Xcelsiors

Number12

also another reason why I mentioned it is because we received our first 2013 XD40 on March 1st last year, I thought we would be seeing them a bit sooner than this!

And how long did it take for the rest to start showing up? The first one always comes early so they can test it and send it back for altercations if needed.

They need the buses for the service expansion later this month, that is why I am mentioning it.

Any buses they need for expansion would be available with the seasonal service reductions from university area routes.

yep and GRT is not happy with the XD40 if the 5 that are coming arent better then back to nova.

There's going to be a legal action to cancel the remainder contract if this does happen!

The operator side from what I heard is also not happy with it.

the turning radius is a major issue with the drivers alot of them told me thats why they dont want to drive them

the thing i hate about them is that the windows don't open. and the whole bus needs a makeover. AND AS FOR NEW FLYER HEADS UP YOU GUYS! IF YOU WANNA MAKE A BUS MAKE SURE IT'S PERFECT FOR DRIVING AND NOT LIKE A PIECE OF GARBAGE A.K.A THE 9600's

There's a big reason to it! If a transit customer is not happy with it, the manufacturer better do something!

your talking smart dude. i rather put new steering wheels and the right parts. i noticed the 21300's when they turn it's looks weird.

the thing i hate about them is that the windows don't open. and the whole bus needs a makeover. AND AS FOR NEW FLYER HEADS UP YOU GUYS! IF YOU WANNA MAKE A BUS MAKE SURE IT'S PERFECT FOR DRIVING AND NOT LIKE A PIECE OF GARBAGE A.K.A THE 9600's

your talking smart dude. i rather put new steering wheels and the right parts. i noticed the 21300's when they turn it's looks weird.

omg...

the turning radius is a major issue with the drivers alot of them told me thats why they dont want to drive them

The Novas have the better radius for turning. The wheel base is a difference too. First image is a lovely XD40 attempting to pull a Nova maneuver aka speeding out of the terminal and trying to turn. It almost caught the curb. The next is an Ohmyxpress with the better turn radius. The wheel base on the Nova's are closer to each other unlike the flyers. Also Nova's wheel tuck in more when they steer.

image_1.jpgimage_2.jpg

the thing i hate about them is that the windows don't open. and the whole bus needs a makeover.

Tell that to GRT, not NFI about fixed windows! GRT is the one made up the specification!

I'm also told during cold winter, no heat from the drivers area!

Well as a GRT customer, I prefer the XD40 over anything else in the fleet. They are far more comfortable, and most customers seem to agree.

if they went with the Allison B400R5 and the Cummins ISL9 and on the LBSS mode. Then we would have a better bus. Cause the 21300's are just not the best. If they get the 21400's they should change the specs.

Well as a GRT customer, I prefer the XD40 over anything else in the fleet. They are far more comfortable, and most customers seem to agree.

Try driving one, or sitting in the drivers seat for 5 hours! They're terrible to drive. Nothing can be easily reached.