GRT New Flyer Xcelsiors

Number12

what i been hearing from my contacts 21332 was not finish had alot of stuff missing and was sent back to new flyer to be finish its been on the road everyday since it came back

But does anyone know for sure what was missing to justify it going back to New Flyer? Any specifics?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi everybody numbers for 2014 order are all over the place the most is 40 and there are numbers as low as 5 will update when i get final numbers

Considering the amount of service expansion this year (compared to 2013), it is quite reasonable to assume 5 over 40.

yes but the 94xx are post to retire this year so are the 1997 and 1999 novas

To be fair, I've heard this all before.

The fleet is now 100% accessible. There will also be significant cuts to school specials in September. I don't think there's an absolute rush to replace them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am hearing that they are making bigger changes to the 2014 order than I thought! Possibly a new drivetrain i.e/ Allison or Voith transmissions among other changes due to the skyrocketing repair costs on the 2013's? Also apparently GRT gave New Flyer a ultimatum regarding the screw up's on the 2013's that they better get the 2014's right before delivery or risk contract cancelation, that kind of makes sense why it is taking so long to get the 2014's delivered...

They need the buses for the service expansion later this month, that is why I am mentioning it.

All I see is a long list of service cuts, with the exception of the 203 (which at 30-minute frequencies will use a whopping 3 buses).

Edit: I lied, the 203 only requires 2 buses until September.

All I see is a long list of service cuts, with the exception of the 203 (which at 30-minute frequencies will use a whopping 3 buses).

Edit: I lied, the 203 only requires 2 buses until September.

also another reason why I mentioned it is because we received our first 2013 XD40 on March 1st last year, I thought we would be seeing them a bit sooner than this!

I am hearing that they are making bigger changes to the 2014 order than I thought! Possibly a new drivetrain i.e/ Allison or Voith transmissions among other changes due to the skyrocketing repair costs on the 2013's? Also apparently GRT gave New Flyer a ultimatum regarding the screw up's on the 2013's that they better get the 2014's right before delivery or risk contract cancelation, that kind of makes sense why it is taking so long to get the 2014's delivered...

I KNEW THEY SHOULD HAVE WENT WITH ALLISON! Look's like GRT and NewFlyer are fighting again.