Cummins

A. Wong

21 minutes ago, Chinese Daniel said:

For some reason, ZF ECOMAT was way louder than ZF ECOLife.

Ecolifes have helical gears, and greater overlap ratios (correct me if I'm wrong @Bus_Medic?) which reduces sound and that's probably why. Ecolife was also introduced because of higher efficiency, better fuel economy and also to handle more torque. Super torquey in fact, especially in 6AP2000 spec. Its the quietest available I think because of how low its revs are. 

Mind you, I still love a good 'six o four. 

I believe Ecolife was only available ISL9 onwards? Correct me if I'm wrong there. 

• Thanks 1

I will like to See NewFlyer put the ISX12 for Articulated bus , because Some time the ISL9 can't go up the hill very EASY.

In Calgary, we love the Old D60LFR with ISM engine, they can full load and EAT up the hill, The new XD60 just so slow .

Australia was the first one Use the VOLVO D12 engine for Articulated bus, Because VOLVO B7 was way too Under power.

7 minutes ago, Chinese Daniel said:

I will like to See NewFlyer put the ISX12 for Articulated bus , because Some time the ISL9 can't go up the hill very EASY.

In Calgary, we love the Old D60LFR with ISM engine, they can full load and EAT up the hill, The new XD60 just so slow.

ISX12 would be interesting for sure. I know Mercedes offers a 300hp version of the standard 40ft Citaro for operators in areas with variation in topography. Scania also offers their BioEthanol motor for 60 fts rated at 360hp which is alot, and ideal IMO. I think someone else also offers 350hp, but can't remember who.

All I know is that is more than what we get here: 280 and 330hp. Pffft. 

The D60LFR ISM combo is the best ever, and is also the best sounding bus in NA. That bus fitted with that powertrain is a gem. Possibly the best ever; driver's love them. Those buses are my favorites by a more than a mile. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MiWay0310 said:

ISX12 would be interesting for sure. I know Mercedes offers a 300hp version of the standard 40ft Citaro for operators in areas with variation in topography. Scania also offers their BioEthanol motor for 60 fts rated at 360hp which is alot, and ideal IMO. I think someone else also offers 350hp, but can't remember who.

All I know is that is more than what we get here: 280 and 330hp. Pffft. 

The D60LFR ISM combo is the best ever, and is also the best sounding bus in NA. That bus fitted with that powertrain is a gem. Possibly the best ever; driver's love them. Those buses are my favorites by a more than a mile. 

I love what you say @MiWay0310, Switzerland  have some EURO 6 Mercedes-Benz Citaro come with 350hp.

The new Mercedes-Benz Capacity L was come with a 394HP OM470.

The new MAN LION'S CITY will coming in 2018, you never know, maybe OVER 400HP! 

Most Big horse power bus I saw come with ZF ECOMAT, but I saw some euro 6 bus Come with DIWA 6.

My friend's was a Bus drive In Switzerland, He tell me they order New bus form MAN will have more horse power and ZF ECOLIFE 6AP2300.

1 minute ago, Chinese Daniel said:

I love what you say @MiWay0310, Switzerland  have some EURO 6 Mercedes-Benz Citaro come with 350hp.

The new Mercedes-Benz Capacity L was come with a 394HP OM470.

The new MAN LION'S CITY will coming in 2018, you never know, maybe OVER 400HP! 

I didn't know the Cappa L came with ~400hp that's new, and amazing. 

As for the 400hp LC, God I do hope so. 

Still waiting on power boosts from NA......:(

1 minute ago, MiWay0310 said:

I didn't know the Cappa L came with ~400hp that's new, and amazing. 

As for the 400hp LC, God I do hope so. 

Still waiting on power boosts from NA......:(

Sorry man , NA engine was BABY.

VOLVO FH16 750 have 750HP and 3550NM

SCANIA R730/S730 have 730HP and 3500NM.

EPA 2017 CUMMINS X15 only have 605HP and 2779NM.

We are largest's City bus engine was ISM for USA and Canada.

I will like order Large engine with ZF ECOLIFE , Because ALLISON B500 only allow 2237 NM.

My dream bus

: NewFlyer XD60 ISX12 400HP

: NewFlyer XD40 ISX12 350HP

: NewFlyer XD35 ISL9 330HP.

All come with the ZF ECOLIFE  with 6 Button( 1,2,3,D,N,R)

4 Axle Bus war:

Benz CAPACITY L form 21 meter go up to 25 meter: BENZ OM470 Engine 400+HP

MAN LION'S CITY GXXL 25 Meter.

9 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

Ecolifes have helical gears, and greater overlap ratios (correct me if I'm wrong @Bus_Medic?) which reduces sound and that's probably why. Ecolife was also introduced because of higher efficiency, better fuel economy and also to handle more torque. Super torquey in fact, especially in 6AP2000 spec. Its the quietest available I think because of how low its revs are. 

Mind you, I still love a good 'six o four. 

I believe Ecolife was only available ISL9 onwards? Correct me if I'm wrong there. 

Can’t really answer, haven’t dealt with them in my career thus far. Had some voith experience in my apprenticeship, at SN, but ZF was purged from the TTC fleet by the time I was hired in 2004.

6 hours ago, M. Parsons said:

A Cat in a D60LF rules them all. No contest.

Well, ok, a Kiepe propulsion package in a E60LFR or XT60 is the shit, but the Cat comes a close second.

Dealt with CAT C10s and 3176s in MCI products....was never that enamoured with them. 

Keep a spare water pump in the luggage bay...you’ll need it.

• Haha 1

I like The MCI D4500CT with C13, they are very nice too.

For some reason, CAT C9 was a loud engine, I saw St. Albert Transit's C9 D60LF sound like straight.

I also have see the C9's In NJ transit, nice sound.

11 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

Those are some crazy power to weight ratios from a bus standpoint. XD35 w/ 330hp ISL9? Jeez :lol:

Sorry, I make a ERROR, i think XD35 come with 280HP already power!

Voith gets boring for me after a while. I feel like European Voiths are better than NA ones. They shift quicker and sooner, and don't hold onto gears as much. 

Out of curiosity, does, or would Cummins offer boosts in power straight from the factory? Say from 280hp to 300hp, if an agency wanted it that way as a result of the terrain in the region they serve? 

Cummins ISL9 can have different horse power , form 280-500( motor home and fire truck), but i just worry about the engine will be not last long, because so much boost in that engine!

You can boost up the horse power by the ECU, But i don't think Cummins will do that.

pittsburgh power make a lot ECU chip for SEMI truck, Make 1000HP in DD16,VOLVO D16, X15 is no problem.

22 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

Voith gets boring for me after a while. I feel like European Voiths are better than NA ones. They shift quicker and sooner, and don't hold onto gears as much. 

Out of curiosity, does, or would Cummins offer boosts in power straight from the factory? Say from 280hp to 300hp, if an agency wanted it that way as a result of the terrain in the region they serve? 

Enviro 500 have 380HP L9 engine for Option.