Video Games!

Kashiwazaki

I recently acquired some PS2 games.

Still, I give you a complete list of my PS2 games, separated by type.

Burnout 3: Takedown

Burnout: Revenge

CMR III

WRC II: Extreme

GT3 A-Spec

GT4

GT4 「Prologue」

GT Concept 「Tokyo-Geneva」

NFS: Pro Street

NFS: Hot Pursuit II

Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift

Splashdown
Cel Damage

GTA SA

GTA VC Stories

Ratchet & Clank

Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando

LOTR: The Two Towers

LOTR: Return of the King

Tekken V

I might sell some of these back, as I too am lacking time to play them; they were acquired at second hand stores, and most present scratches, though they can be played just fine, almost all without any freezes.

Some of these games were not even thoroughly played, again due to lack of time.

Spinning right now is one that's precious to me - nostalgy - CMR III.

I also have PSX games acquired on same circumstances, but I must do an inventory later, and also thinking of labeling and stowing both platforms on CD towers instead, to free some space up for my ever growing papercraft collection. ^^;

• 6 months later...
14 hours ago, C2045 said:

Some screens of the J4500 mod from American Truck Simulator

40299595325_c2f51a8634_c.jpg

26322463107_d92a43a7b7_c.jpg

39385168550_abf5cf0a98_c.jpg

That looks quite appetizing. ^^

Wish there could be some Japanese highway buses too, notably AeroAce, AeroQueen and AeroKing, and S'elega HD/SHD..

I found Tekken 4, Super Bust-a-Move and God of War, all PS2.

I'm considering buying a secondhand PS3 for $55 from the store where I got these games.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing like the old ms dos games from the late 80s to early 90s using dosbox.  Games like Street Rod 1 & 2, Nascar racing & Nascar Racing 2,  indycar racing & indycar racing 2, PGA Tour Golf (1990).  Later Nascar Racing games used windows 95 to XP.   Today i like playing these games

BeamNG Drive

PC Building Simulator

American and Euro Truck Sim

OMSI 2

many more

• 2 weeks later...

I am a huge fan of Noocube and playing MK, Madden, GTA V, Skyrim and Tekken 7 on PS4 right now as my gaming computer is being reconfigured. then it will be back to city building on cities skylines.

Man, you just sent me on a nostalgia trip, Girardin. I was running my games from MS-DOS for the first couple of years of my gaming life. The game that stuck with me the most was Warcraft. I love the franchise to this day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
49 minutes ago, blue.bird.fan said:

Does anyone here have recommendations for Nintendo Switch games?

And, should I keep my 3DS as a secondary system or sell it off?

I would say that Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey are some great must have games. I've had lots of fun playing those. The reason why I'm not recommending Zelda is because I personally do not like it. I've only played it once.

1 hour ago, blue.bird.fan said:

Does anyone here have recommendations for Nintendo Switch games?

And, should I keep my 3DS as a secondary system or sell it off?

I would recommend Kirby Star Allies, Mega Man Legacy Collection 1+2, Sonic Mania Plus and Sonic Forces in addition to the games mentioned above. Really good platformers in my opinion.

Also, I would keep your 3DS. There are so many good games on it. Plus you can play DS games on it so it's sort of two systems in one.

If you really want to sell it, I would research to see how much it goes for on ebay. I have two of them. My blue one goes for about 100 dollars. My special Yoshi one goes for almost 250 dollars. It also depends if you have a regular 3DS or one of the other million types of them.

Here is my small collection of Nintendo Game and Watches. These were produced between 1980-1991. These can be sold for really high prices depending on their condition.

20190112_195846.jpg

20190112_195721.jpg

20190112_195714.jpg

In order of appearance we have the Ball reproduction (2010), Donkey Kong Hockey (1984), Octopus (1981), Donkey Kong JR (1982), Mario's Cement Factory (1983), and Tropical Fish (1985).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2018 at 8:57 PM, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Just played a round of "Double Dragon" and "Mike Tyson's Punch Out" on my original NES.

Double Dragon was the shit when I was a teen, endless hrs at the corner store pumping money into that game,  I had it for my NES friend of mine  had the saga system version which I liked a little better actually  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NoUse4AName said:

Double Dragon was the shit when I was a teen, endless hrs at the corner store pumping money into that game,  I had it for my NES friend of mine  had the saga system version which I liked a little better actually  

The Sega version is surperior in every way to NES version except sound. 

The NES version had to be changed, so you can’t play 2 player at the same time. It kinda sucks, but it’s ok.

I would have bought a sega master system if I had the chance to. But I would still keep my NES.

I’m a Nintendo guy...??, but I am ok with most other systems (except X Box...).

4 minutes ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

The Sega version is surperior in every way to NES version except sound. 

The NES version had to be changed, so you can’t play 2 player at the same time. It kinda sucks, but it’s ok.

I would have bought a sega master system if I had the chance to. But I would still keep my NES.

I’m a Nintendo guy...??, but I am ok with most other systems (except X Box...).

The Sega version is superior in every way to NES version except sound. <-- Agreed 

The NES version had to be changed, so you can’t play 2 player at the same time. It kinda sucks, but it’s ok/// yeah that was one thing that sucked about the NES version, there is another difference as well that I can't remember right now 

15 minutes ago, NoUse4AName said:

The Sega version is superior in every way to NES version except sound. <-- Agreed 

The NES version had to be changed, so you can’t play 2 player at the same time. It kinda sucks, but it’s ok/// yeah that was one thing that sucked about the NES version, there is another difference as well that I can't remember right now 

There is an extra mode where you can one on one with characters, a feature unique to this version. You can play by yourself or with a friend at the same time.

Think Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter, but much slower, and the computer always wins. And you can move up and down. 

EDIT: Here is a link to a website that compares the NES, Sega master system, Commodore 64, ZX spectrum, and Amstrad CPC. The website says that the NES versions wins overall, and I can agree in some ways but I think it's a tie between the NES and Sega Master System with what they said.

http://retro-sanctuary.com/comparisons-Double-Dragon.html

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

I've had a new console enter my collection lately.

It's a 80GB PlayStation 3 that's fully functional and plays PS1 and PS2 games. This model is actually quite rare to see out in the wild as I see most people with either the slim model or the latest model with the top loading tray. 

I only prefer the original model. My playstation's have been needing repairs recently, considering they are old systems. I have an original black PS2 that also plays PS1. I also have two PSP's: a grey and black one. I also loaned an original PS3 from a friend of mine of about a year. My only complaint is that it gets to hot. I also encountered a door problem.

I to have also bought a new system. A Nintendo Gamecube. I have had it for about two months now, and have only two games Super Mario Sunshine and Animal Crossing. It's really expensive to collect for. I am still looking out for Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, and Mario Party 4-7

I plan on getting either a Sega Master System, a SNES or an add-on for the Gamecube which lets you play all Gameboy, Gameboy Colour and Gameboy Advance games for my next system

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 8:26 PM, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

I only prefer the original model. My playstation's have been needing repairs recently, considering they are old systems. I have an original black PS2 that also plays PS1. I also have two PSP's: a grey and black one. I also loaned an original PS3 from a friend of mine of about a year. My only complaint is that it gets to hot. I also encountered a door problem.

I to have also bought a new system. A Nintendo Gamecube. I have had it for about two months now, and have only two games Super Mario Sunshine and Animal Crossing. It's really expensive to collect for. I am still looking out for Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, and Mario Party 4-7

I plan on getting either a Sega Master System, a SNES or an add-on for the Gamecube which lets you play all Gameboy, Gameboy Colour and Gameboy Advance games for my next system

The original PS3s were notorious for overheating and dying after a few years, especially the PS2 compatible ones. They shoved so much crap into one design that the system couldn't be cooled down effectively. They literally have a PS2 built into them (both PS2 CPU and GPU combined onto one chip), as well as four USB ports, Compact Flash slot, SD card slot, native PSP memory card port, as well as Super Audio CD support. They took every one of these out with the introduction of the slim models. 

They also had processors that produce a lot of heat. I was playing mine the other day and had to turn it off because it was a hot day and the PS3 was just adding to the heat in the room.

My cousin had the same exact model as mine and it died back in 2011 or 2012.

• Like 1