Video Games!

Kashiwazaki

This is for all of those who have and are regularly - addicts, too! - playing all kinds of video games!

As for me, I have the PSX and PS2, and currently I have my eyes onto a Nintendo Super Famicom, being on sale on an antiquarian, on the valley.

The price is high, at about 80 dollars, but I think it's fair, due to the fact this console is now a rare find, wherever it is.

All I've got is a PC and an original Nintendo Gameboy.

Growing up, all I ever got besides the aforementioned items was a NES that kicked the bucket after about 5 years. Never had another console, often friend would rent a PS2 or GameCube and we'd play it for a whole weekend non-stop.

I don't think I'll ever go back to console gaming. It has it's appeals, but for what I play now, a PC is sufficient. I keep the Gameboy in storage pending a decision to sell it in the future.

All I've got is a PC and an original Nintendo Gameboy.

Growing up, all I ever got besides the aforementioned items was a NES that kicked the bucket after about 5 years. Never had another console, often friend would rent a PS2 or GameCube and we'd play it for a whole weekend non-stop.

I don't think I'll ever go back to console gaming. It has it's appeals, but for what I play now, a PC is sufficient. I keep the Gameboy in storage pending a decision to sell it in the future.

Same. After my sister broke my NES and my grandma stole my SNES and sold it off, I just stuck to PC gaming. Simcity, Cities in Motion, Command and Conquer, MS-DOS games for sure! :D

I've always been a gamer, still am although being an adult means I've slowed down on how quickly I get through them now. I started in the SNES era back when there was still the Genesis vs. SNES fights going on all over. I've always preferred Nintendo over all the others. I will concede though that the 6th gen was dominated by Sony. The PS2's library of excellent games is amazingly large, even some of the last few were still excellent games like Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4.

My SNES, N64 are in a box stored. Game Boy is hidden away. Game Boy SP is my least used(I bought it for $10) as I haven't got enough GBA games. In my room I have my PS2, GameCube, XBox360(latest addition), PS3 and of course my currently used handhelds the Nintendo DS and PSP GO. The Wii is in the basement as my room isn't too good for movement games. My PC has always been a gaming machine from day one. I switch from unit to unit depending on my mood but also to get good use out of all of them. The DS and PSP get extremely good use when I'm abroad, 14 hour flights to Hong Kong go by so much faster with these in hand.

I've been thinking of adding a 3DS XL, however I prefer to wait to see if that $199 price tag goes down.

I am also stuck on PC, with Battlestations Pacific; I had once a pirated version, but there were two reasons that made me buy the original.

First, I love the game, I respect it's creators and I preferred to pay them a copy.

Secondly, the last Japanese Campaign's mission doesn't work, it blocks the whole game, and the one from the American Campaign just "stalls" after I conquered all four bases - all I do there is shooting Ohka carriers down.

Also, even if you register on Games for Windows network, your profile is not accepted to play online.

Add-ons are also available for sale at quite cheap prices, with the famous Mustang pack (containing the IJN A150 Super YAMATO and USS MONTANA battleships, the USS ALASKA super cruiser and IJN KUMA torpedo cruiser, and the US P51 Mustang fighter and the Japanese G5N Liz heavy bomber) being the most popular among new gaming maps, making-of videos and historic footages.

Meanwhile, as I am very busy in either my job and papercraft development, even this state of the art game isn't played beyond 30 minutes almost everyday.

Edited by MegaMoonLiner

First, I love the game, I respect it's creators and I preferred to pay them a copy.

Always do if you really like the game. Sales are the only way to having game makers make the games we love, if the sales are poor they'll stop making them or worse close up. Games don't have many alternative sources of renevue unlike movies(theatres) or musicians(concerts) and while DLC is an alternative source few game makers rely on it to fund another big budget title. Its a legitimate argument for the game makers to make to those who pirate games and never pay for games they really like. Unfortunately many game makers attempt to fight piracy only to wonder not if, but when their software is cracked and then distrubuted. The resources they waste fighting piracy sadly can punish legitimate gamers. Assassin's Creed II is a notable example where if your connection to the internet was cut for whatever reason, your progress in the game is lost if you failed to make the next check point and worse if your in an area with either no or terrible internet connection the game is unplayable.

Always do if you really like the game. Sales are the only way to having game makers make the games we love, if the sales are poor they'll stop making them or worse close up. Games don't have many alternative sources of renevue unlike movies(theatres) or musicians(concerts) and while DLC is an alternative source few game makers rely on it to fund another big budget title. Its a legitimate argument for the game makers to make to those who pirate games and never pay for games they really like. Unfortunately many game makers attempt to fight piracy only to wonder not if, but when their software is cracked and then distrubuted. The resources they waste fighting piracy sadly can punish legitimate gamers. Assassin's Creed II is a notable example where if your connection to the internet was cut for whatever reason, your progress in the game is lost if you failed to make the next check point and worse if your in an area with either no or terrible internet connection the game is unplayable.

whats worse is when you buy a game you get a code that can only be used once, pretty much screws up the trade in value, EA is the worst for this (in fact they are the ones who started that trend)

whats worse is when you buy a game you get a code that can only be used once, pretty much screws up the trade in value, EA is the worst for this (in fact they are the ones who started that trend)

Indeed, there are many many reasons to dislike EA and that's just one of them. To think that Zynga could pull off being the least liked video game maker of all time in significantly less time than EA.

To those who aren't aware of what Zynga is, its that gaming company that made Farmville, a Facebook game, or more accurately a big money pit for really bored individuals. If you thought World of Warcraft was an expensive addiction for a gamer, the amount of money some people dumped into Farmville trumps that.

I do quite a bit of PC gaming, heck I'll brag about my self built rig here.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) (Installed on a OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD)

PSU: 850W XFX "Core Edition"

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V ATX

Processor: Intel Core i7 3770

GFX Card: ATI Radeon 6770 1GB or DDR5 VRAM.

Memory: Kingston Hyper X 4GB DDR3 (x4) (Yes... 16GB of RAM)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

I like to play quite a few games too. Team Fortress 2, a bit of Portal 2 here and there, Driver San Fransisco, OpenTTD, Cities in Motion, Minecraft, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, Kerbal Space Program, OMSI Bus Simulator, Run 8 Train Simulator, and probably a whole bunch more I can't remember.

I do quite a bit of PC gaming, heck I'll brag about my self built rig here.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit) (Installed on a OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD)

PSU: 850W XFX "Core Edition"

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V ATX

Processor: Intel Core i7 3770

GFX Card: ATI Radeon 6770 1GB or DDR5 VRAM.

Memory: Kingston Hyper X 4GB DDR3 (x4) (Yes... 16GB of RAM)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM

I like to play quite a few games too. Team Fortress 2, a bit of Portal 2 here and there, Driver San Fransisco, OpenTTD, Cities in Motion, Minecraft, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, Kerbal Space Program, OMSI Bus Simulator, Run 8 Train Simulator, and probably a whole bunch more I can't remember.

At least your Cities in Motion doesn't lag on the Bucharest or Riverbend maps!

My laptop has pretty bad memory, but it can still pull off some modern games. With the new Cities in Motion title coming, along with SimCity 5, I'll definitely need an upgrade. Thing is, I'd have to get a desktop again, and thats significantly harder to carry around, especially when travelling. Decisions decisions... :P

Off-note (signature pic): the refurbishment of the 2001 D30LFs will eliminate the last stronghold of the orange livery, and it's getting really close to its 12-year mark... :(

Indeed, there are many many reasons to dislike EA and that's just one of them. To think that Zynga could pull off being the least liked video game maker of all time in significantly less time than EA.

To those who aren't aware of what Zynga is, its that gaming company that made Farmville, a Facebook game, or more accurately a big money pit for really bored individuals. If you thought World of Warcraft was an expensive addiction for a gamer, the amount of money some people dumped into Farmville trumps that.

yeah i know about zynga is, ive played their games, but have never gave them a cent...... just liike how i dont give microsoft money for acessories for their dumb wii knockoff avatar........ its one thing to buy addons for a game that expands your gameplay, but its another thing to buy a fake hat for an avatar......

I've been thinking of adding a 3DS XL, however I prefer to wait to see if that $199 price tag goes down.

Finally did get one. My dad had spare credit at Shoppers that he was never going to use which meant getting a 3DS XL was viable. Took advantage of the Walmart sale getting 1st part Nintendo games for less than $30.

The machine itself, its a bit bigger than my old DS. The screen quality is superb. Its not that heavy. The 3D part, perhaps I'm getting old but my eyes couldn't handle the full 3D so I only have the slider at roughly 40% so that I can see the depth but not strain my eyes. Not needing the silly glasses is a plus. This machine seems rather quick to charge but has the longest lifespan of my handhelds, my old DS was pretty slow there and my PSP's full life is disappointingly short. Major gripe with the whole machine is the sound, even at maximum level the speakers seem only capable of a rather lower than average volume. Apparently to make the machine this size they had to put small speakers. With head phones this is no problem but its volume is significantly lower than the old DS and my PSP GO but its the only machine I have volume at maximum at all times.

As for the games themselves, I got to try so far 3/5 of I got. Mario Kart 7 is as you'd expect. Mario 3D land is very very good, I love a good 3D platformer and Mario ones seem to be the best. I also got Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked(got from amazon) and its also a very good game, SMT games from Altus usually are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I guess I'll share what I got.

Currently in my room I got a PS3 and a PS4 with a fair amount of games I guess, mostly just CoD's and GTA's.

WV9JloU.jpg?1

3CpHkE1.jpg?1

ZKIy3xo.jpg?1

Sorry about that middle finger, I used this same pic for gta forums and yea.... I would take a new pic but my room is a mess right now

In the living room I got a Wii and a decent amount of games for that as well.

In the past I had a Nintendo 64, GameCube, DS, DS Lite, PS2, and an Xbox 360.

• 4 months later...

its interesting how shooting the CNG tanks on the 45c's in gta doesn't do jack and you can roll semis, buses and cars down a hill repeatedly and still keep on trucking...but if it was realistic it would not be fun cause most accidents would need a tow and a repair because of a busted rad.