Yaxing Demo for Community Shuttle

BCT-3122-D800-10240

As mentioned by 'D40LF' in this post - http://www.cptdb.ca/...ndpost&p=566666 , a former BC Transit demo bus built by Yaxing is now in Calgary and has Calgary Transit decals and farebox installed. Bus is also plated and is believed to be former BC Transit #7130. More than likely, this unit will go into service on Community Shuttle routes as it is a 24 passenger vehicle. I do not know of what routes or when and where it will be used. More info will be posted if available. Here are some photos of it.

110912-02052v2012.jpg

110912-02053v2012.jpg

110912-02054v2012.jpg

110912-02055v2012.jpg

110912-02060v2012.jpg

110912-02061v2012.jpg

Edited by BCT-3122-D800-10240

Nice! Was the lighting better than what I had when I took my images!?

Didnt go look as it was in use, tried this afternoon to get some shots, but failed.

As mentioned by 'D40LF' in this post - http://www.cptdb.ca/...ndpost&p=566666 , a former BC Transit demo bus built by Yaxing is now in Calgary and has Calgary Transit decals and farebox installed. Bus is also plated and is believed to be former BC Transit #7130. More than likely, this unit will go into service on Community Shuttle routes as it is a 24 passenger vehicle. I do not know of what routes or when and where it will be used. More info will be posted if available. Here are some photos of it.

Googled the VIN, it is indeed former 7130.

Rode the bus this afternoon on 81. It actually rides really nicely. I like it. The air conditioning is nice too.

I spoke to the operator who said it will only be on a couple particular runs - I believe 81 in the morning and afternoon, and 92/96 later in the evening. The buses fuel tank apparently isn't big enough for a straight shift. There are sheets for the operators to fill out with suggestions on how the bus could be improved.

Lots of positive comments were made from both passengers and other operators. One guy was quite vocal about his opinion of it being made in China, though.

The bus will be going back sometime in October.

I can confirm from someone at Anderson yesterday that indeed it did cut the line and took priority to get fueled yesterday night around 1830, 1840ish and was spotted at anderson station on his way out. Needless to say, operators in line for service lane were not impressed.

I think for the few drivers that they have trained, 3 full time senior shuttle operators (Below badge 2020) on 81-99, i think they have no choice. It's cheaper to do it that way. Thats forsure

Rode the bus this afternoon on 81. It actually rides really nicely. I like it. The air conditioning is nice too.

I spoke to the operator who said it will only be on a couple particular runs - I believe 81 in the morning and afternoon, and 92/96 later in the evening. The buses fuel tank apparently isn't big enough for a straight shift. There are sheets for the operators to fill out with suggestions on how the bus could be improved.

Lots of positive comments were made from both passengers and other operators. One guy was quite vocal about his opinion of it being made in China, though.

The bus will be going back sometime in October.

Am I right to assume that this is a midi-bus and will compete for sales with the Enviro 200 that New Flyer is planning to produce with AD? Does this bus comply with Canadian content laws?

Am I right to assume that this is a midi-bus and will compete for sales with the Enviro 200 that New Flyer is planning to produce with AD? Does this bus comply with Canadian content laws?

Canada does not have a content law similar to Buy America. Therefore, importing this bus would only be subject to federal and provincial transportation regulatory requirements.