The Compass Project

323 Surrey Ctrl Stn

On 18/06/2017 at 9:18 PM, Meraki said:

Starting June 21, limited-edition Canada 150 Compass Cards will be available at the following places while supplies last:

Ebay is listing them now for upwards of $50-$70 according to the vancouver sun

On 2017-07-02 at 11:41 PM, Meraki said:

I don't see why it would be? Generic Compass Cards are transferable as per the terms and conditions of use.

It's only Program Cards like UPass that aren't transferrable.

I'm not sure if it's legal to sell them, though, unless you're a registered FareDealer. And even then, I don't think it's legal to sell them for more than face value.

• Like 1

I cannot think of any reason that non-personalized fare media couldn't be transferred. And what can be transferred can be sold. And there's, for the most part, no laws on pricing things for sale in Canada (notwithstanding frauds, price fixing and such). It's a free market :) 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, Express691 said:

https://www.translink.ca/Fares-and-Passes/Tap-to-Pay.aspx 

Credit card payment to rollout in Spring this year

Someone reported seeing "Tap The Card, Not The Wallet" stickers on a few VTC buses.

Finally! Not only will it be awesome to have credit card/phone functionality, but this change should also explain the apparent crappiness of the readers' card detection--it's not getting stuck for no reason, it's getting stuck in order to avoid charging you twice on two different forms of payment.

There have been a lot of tweets, and a post on the buzzer blog, about it today. I've seen a number of ads around too. I'm expecting a period of people fumbling with cards at fare gates even more than usual, once this starts. It seems awkwardly thought out. 

On 09/03/2018 at 12:55 PM, ThatBusGuy said:

I saw a bunch on various BTC Novas yesterday evening, and this morning I noticed one on R9237 as well

I saw them on a few PTC XN40s last night. I didn't see one on R8041 though, so I guess the folks at RTC haven' gotten around to it. I' imagine all buses will have them shortly, if not already

57 minutes ago, Translink69 said:

I' imagine all buses will have them shortly, if not already

I doubt TL will put those stickers on every single bus, seems like a waste of resources and time to slap a sticker on every single compass reader in the fleet. At most I'd assume they'd be on half of the fleet if not 1/4 of the fleet. Just seems very wasteful to have it on every single active bus. 

1 hour ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

I doubt TL will put those stickers on every single bus, seems like a waste of resources and time to slap a sticker on every single compass reader in the fleet. At most I'd assume they'd be on half of the fleet if not 1/4 of the fleet. Just seems very wasteful to have it on every single active bus. 

Ya never know; TTC dropped 50 large in stickers on every single bus, streetcar and subway carriage they had to let people know they were the best transit system in NA for 2017. 

The buses I was on today on routes 99, 130, and 239 had them, and I may have seen one at one of the stations. I wasn't really looking. They were on most buses yesterday too, front and back. They seem to be putting some effort into promoting this switch. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...