Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) Ordering 300 new GE ES44AC's

VIA6408

I just got word from sources from Canadian Pacific Railway they are ordering GE ES44AC's (GEVO's).

It this right

Will that totally retire SD40-2's?

Here are the photos of one of the new ES44AC's being tested at Erie PA at the GE Transportation test track screaming by in notch 8

291782_10150848045540514_259758903_n.jpg

299645_10150848045695514_545576333_n.jpg

308194_10150848045845514_1291827042_n.jpg

550970_10151720610360514_1343732947_n.jpg

Replacing these old girls (Ethanol Train on the CN Stamford Sub in Fort Erie)

263210_10150731547885514_5781312_n.jpg

For those who are interested in going to Erie PA I can provide you where it is very easy to find it

They also have the E Transit (Erie Transit) and they have Trolley Buses!

God your English is atrocious.

So basically you heard something, can't wait to be the first to get the big news on the board, then ask if it is true.

Here is a thought! Why not do some research before posting, that way you will know the answer!!!

So basically you heard something, can't wait to be the first to get the big news on the board, then ask if it is true.

Here is a thought! Why not do some research before posting, that way you will know the answer!!!

I wish this board had like buttons for posts like this.

I wish this board had like buttons for posts like this.

"Like" "Comment" "Share" "Flag as Troll" "Flag as just plain LOL"

The only known/confirmed CP GE order was for ES44AC 9350-9379, and they were all delivered a while ago.

IIRC, there is still an option on this order for additional units, but 300??? I think not.

All of the SD90's, 15-20 AC4400's and god knows how many SD40's and GP9's are already in storage, and the ICE GP40-2's are going back to the lessor. Yards are closing/being downscaled, yard jobs cancelled, road trains combined & lengthened.

Mine is? Pffft Okay!

I was told by a worker but lets see what happens in the near future. You never know with E Hunter Harrison AKA Axe Man!

Mine is? Pffft Okay!

I was told by a worker but lets see what happens in the near future. You never know with E Hunter Harrison AKA Axe Man!

Lots of rumours start out from "workers" or employees.

Like GO Transit has M5 horns on their new MP40's (which in fact they don't...), that one's been going around ever since a few railfans were incorrectly told it by an employee.

CP 8000-8299. Being built to KCS and UP specs.

To clarifify, I was impaired when I typed that, and forgot to add the sarcasim icon. The KCS comment is reference to the pile of CP units currently tracing to KCS lines.

I've heard a variation of the same rumour... but that's the thing with rumours -- and right now there are plenty of them flying around at CP -- so everyhing has to be taken with a grain of salt at this point.

If it's true, I'd imangine there will soon be a splashy press release, with clowns, white doves and dancing girls.