ziggzagzac

Greyhound Connect

Does anyone know anything about this new Greyhound "Connect" service?

While riding cross-country last month, I was stopped over in Birmingham AL when I found three Freightliner cutaways painted in the new Greyhound livery marked as "Greyhound Connect" vehicles. I couldn't tell what make/model they were, as I'd never seen any other cutaways like them, but they reminded me a bit of TurtleTop. The vehicles were numbered #AL90003, #AL90004, and #AL90006.

On their website, there's a subpage for Greyhound Connect. Beyond a route map, it doesn't reveal much, but you can decipher the schedule if you play around with the ticket reservations. It also shows that this program has also popped up in Colorado/Utah, North Carolina, and Maryland.

Looking at the maps, it appears to be serving places that have been cut off from the national intercity bus network, so there may be some FTA or Rural Access grants tied to this.

Any thoughts/ideas/info?

Does anyone know anything about this new Greyhound "Connect" service? While riding cross-country last month, I was stopped over in Birmingham AL when I found three Freightliner cutaways painted in the new Greyhound livery marked as "Greyhound Connect" vehicles. I couldn't tell what make/model they were, as I'd never seen any other cutaways like them, but they reminded me a bit of TurtleTop. The vehicles were numbered #AL90003, #AL90004, and #AL90006. On their website, there's a subpage for Greyhound Connect. Beyond a route map, it doesn't reveal much, but you can decipher the schedule if you play around with the ticket reservations. It also shows that this program has also popped up in Colorado/Utah, North Carolina, and Maryland. Looking at the maps, it appears to be serving places that have been cut off from the national intercity bus network, so there may be some FTA or Rural Access grants tied to this. Any thoughts/ideas/info?

There is a pic of one in the Greyhound pics thread. It looks like Greyhound is using these routes as a cost cutting ways to save on costs. Routes and runs that dont need a coach are starting to get these cutaways.